IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
spankytoo (Offline)
  #11 9/27/09 11:49 AM
Traveled all the way from California to buy a 4-Crown T-shirt and there was not any. There were not anythng for Non-wing at all. Shirts with tin-roofs and shirts with wings, but nothing for this type of racing. This big of an event and no event shirt?

If you look in your mirror and see a line of cars behind you, be kind and pull over.
Wendy Atkin (Offline)
  #12 9/27/09 11:51 AM
FEATURE: (50 laps) 1. Dave Darland, 2. Shane Hmiel, 3. Jerry Coons Jr., 4. Cole Whitt, 5. Josh Wise, 6. Shane Hollingsworth, 7. Brian Tyler, 8. Bud Kaeding, 9. Levi Jones, 10. Zach Daum, 11. Kody Swanson, 12. Randy Bateman, 13. A.J. Fike, 14. Von McGee, 15. Tracy Hines, 16. Justin Carver, 17. Jon Sciscoe, 18. Jon Stanbrough, 19. Russ Gamester, 20. Bill Rose, 21. Derek Hagar, 22. Mike Brecht, 23. Donnie Beechler, 24. Patrick Bruns. NT
hoosier sprinter (Offline)
  #13 9/27/09 12:23 PM
Track was great on Friday. Perfect conditions. Good race. As far as event t-shirts, there were loads of them on Friday, can't believe that none were left by Saturday but who knows.
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #14 9/27/09 12:27 PM
I wouldnt say that they need new clay, they just need to prepare it with enough aqua. It rained Friday and the WoO were within a tenth of the track record and it stayed fast all night......it can be done!
slide22 (Offline)
  #15 9/27/09 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
Traveled all the way from California to buy a 4-Crown T-shirt and there was not any. There were not anythng for Non-wing at all. Shirts with tin-roofs and shirts with wings, but nothing for this type of racing. This big of an event and no event shirt?
?? I picked up 2 on Saturday night before the midget feature. Maybe you should have looked harder..
Z-man (Offline)
  #16 9/27/09 3:56 PM
Had people mocking us in turn 3 from the suites, maybe all the dust is to increase sales for the suites?
mermaid
  #17 9/27/09 4:17 PM
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS:
Want to be carefull what you say.there are some on here that would tell you that usac had nothing to do with it.
It was a dust bowl from the first 6 midgets that got on the track for hot laps.Rumor has it that as soon as the season is finished the track will be tore up ,dug down & some new blue clay added --- we will see. ---
I don't know what others heard. I can only report what I heard with my own 2 little ears. I do understand why, except for the really big shows, their car counts seem to be down more than other series in light of the economy. I say SEEM because I have no statistics on that. Just my own attendance at several events.
Posted via Mobile Device
hoosierfan (Offline)
  #18 9/27/09 5:37 PM
Originally Posted by spankytoo:
I found 5 or 6 different trailors with many different 4Crown shirts sat a lil before the start of races saturday
Posted via Mobile Device
FishBurger (Offline)
  #19 9/27/09 5:52 PM
A couple of random thoughts about the 4.....er 3........er 5........whatever Crown last night. Possible contributing factors to the frequently dusty conditions since new dirt (wrong composition???) was hauled in might include (in my completely uninformed opinion):

1. Most times I have seen a sprint car show at any track the day after a winged event the track has gone dry slick and black early on.

2. Might they have been leery of too much water in case of rain showers? It was possible you
know, with rainouts at Terre Haute, Putnamville, and Paragon. Upon exiting, we ran into light rain just south of the track which got progressively heavier the further south we traveled. Big time water, then rain......oops, you may lose the track.

That said, we had a hell of a good time all day and night. With our Superman like vision (apparently) we were able to see through the dust (from our Section G, Row 1 seats) and witnessed a very entertaining show. Midgets at the Big E never cease to amaze me. Sprints are my favorite, so I loved their heats and feature. Like mac miller, I think tracks under a mile severely compromise the ability of the champ dirt cars to entertain to their best.

Now, about that PA system........................naw, I'm determined to stay positive. I had a great time and applaud all the drivers and wrenches for staging a terrific event.

And it's on to The 'Burg.
3 Likes: Jerry Shaw, SprintManDave
miledirt (Offline)
  #20 9/27/09 5:57 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
A couple of random thoughts about the 4.....er 3........er 5........whatever Crown last night. Possible contributing factors to the frequently dusty conditions since new dirt (wrong composition???) was hauled in might include (in my completely uninformed opinion):

1. Most times I have seen a sprint car show at any track the day after a winged event the track has gone dry slick and black early on.

2. Might they have been leery of too much water in case of rain showers? It was possible you
know, with rainouts at Terre Haute, Putnamville, and Paragon. Upon exiting, we ran into light rain just south of the track which got progressively heavier the further south we traveled. Big time water, then rain......oops, you may lose the track.

That said, we had a hell of a good time all day and night. With our Superman like vision (apparently) we were able to see through the dust (from our Section G, Row 1 seats) and witnessed a very entertaining show. Midgets at the Big E never cease to amaze me. Sprints are my favorite, so I loved their heats and feature. Like mac miller, I think tracks under a mile severely compromise the ability of the champ dirt cars to entertain to their best.

Now, about that PA system........................naw, I'm determined to stay positive. I had a great time and applaud all the drivers and wrenches for staging a terrific event.

And it's on to The 'Burg.
Good report Marv...I always appreciate it when guys like you and Jerry take the time to do so