IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #11 9/23/09 8:30 PM
Keep us posted on the weather please. I will be getting a call Thursday at 4pm to talk it over with my buddy. As of right now we haven't decided yet when or if our departure will occur. I'm all in, but i'm just a passenger and not the driver.
BIGEBUDMAN
  #12 9/23/09 8:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
Ding ding ding!! Calling BigBudMan!!!!
Got you and mowerman covered, lets drink some beer and tell lies.
Tim I will post local weather again tomorow morning, lets hope for the best!
WRP (Offline)
  #13 9/23/09 8:44 PM
Forecast for Rossburg, OH from noaa.gov:

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #14 9/23/09 9:56 PM
Originally Posted by WRP:
Forecast for Rossburg, OH from noaa.gov:

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Well that doesn't sound to bad. What about Friday?
duel (Offline)
  #15 9/24/09 8:14 AM
friday looks good. we will be at gas city. if that dosen't work some of our clan will head to the big E for Woo...
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #16 9/24/09 8:21 AM
I was at the 24hrs of 4-Crown and made it to the next morning to see all the races. I won’t ever forget that one.

The year before that it rained pretty much all day until 3 or 4. There was water in places in the campground that was standing up to the ankle. They got it in with all that rain.

That was when Levi still ran the 2B. He won the sprint car feature by running ABOVE the cushion in 3 and 4. He'd come into 3...run up the little hump above the cushion....go through the corner above the cushion….then run back down the little hump in 4 to go down the straight. Still have never seen anybody run above the cushion like that.

They will do whatever they have to do to get it in. If it was an April show, then I would worry. They don't seem to work as hard to get those in. Unless things have changed….if the rain stops, they will get it in.
duel (Offline)
  #17 9/24/09 9:47 AM
i remember that Levi run. unbelievable! i thought for sure he would dump it. i think that really helped him get the TS ride.
Stagger (Offline)
  #18 9/24/09 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by openwheelKT:
I was at the 24hrs of 4-Crown and made it to the next morning to see all the races. I won’t ever forget that one.

The year before that it rained pretty much all day until 3 or 4. There was water in places in the campground that was standing up to the ankle. They got it in with all that rain.

That was when Levi still ran the 2B. He won the sprint car feature by running ABOVE the cushion in 3 and 4. He'd come into 3...run up the little hump above the cushion....go through the corner above the cushion….then run back down the little hump in 4 to go down the straight. Still have never seen anybody run above the cushion like that.

They will do whatever they have to do to get it in. If it was an April show, then I would worry. They don't seem to work as hard to get those in. Unless things have changed….if the rain stops, they will get it in.

That Levi year was incredible. It was pretty amazing. On the drive home it made for great conversation. I grew up watching Lealand and Shu and saw them do some incredible things with a sprint car but Watching Levi run that line ""he was also doing it in 1 &2" is something we might never see again. The Yeley/ Darland midget slide job clinic last year was pretty good too. Not 4 crown related but that race Ballou slid through all the holes and ruts while others hoods flew off from huge chunks of track and parts breaking from the rough track was fun to watch. You just knew he could not make it and was going to wreck at any second and he never did.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #19 9/24/09 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by openwheelKT:

I have and his name is Jack Hewitt
BIGEBUDMAN
  #20 9/24/09 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Keep us posted on the weather please. I will be getting a call Thursday at 4pm to talk it over with my buddy. As of right now we haven't decided yet when or if our departure will occur. I'm all in, but i'm just a passenger and not the driver.
I just watched the noon news. It will definetly not rain on Friday, rain will start around midnight and rain until about 3 or 4pm on sat. Dont hold me to this forecast but it looks pretty good if the forecast does not change. it is currently raining now and is suppose to stop overnight. We are not suppose to get alot, but we will see.