Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #12 4/30/09 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by tq29m:
my playboy mags usually showed up late,and used,
wow
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #13 4/30/09 12:36 PM
DWB,

Perhaps you should contact the IOW board resident Postal Employee, Mr. Danny Burton. Being the outstanding mail carrier that he is, he should be able to get this corrected in short order. He knows all of the right people to call and to get your problem corrected. Hey DB, where are you?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 4/30/09 1:05 PM
Didn't you know Danny Burton hogs them all, Uses bits and pieces for confetti and Section A has a party every week?

Poor old folks can't have any fun without being chewed out

Marv actually used a couple issues to try to get a fire going in the stove. That didn't work either

Chuck, To be honest, sometimes it has to do with you having a mailbox or a box with enough room to stuff it. and emptying it everyday.

Charles Nungester
FishBurger (Offline)
  #15 4/30/09 3:14 PM
I'm a big fan of the USPS myself. I have no relatives employed there and Danny B. is the only good friend I know on their payroll. When I consider that I routinely take cards, letters, invoices, whatever to the local post office, give them .42, and tell them "take this to an address in Atlanta.....or Dallas.....or even Columbus, IN.....or wherever" and they get it done in a couple of days. Amazing! Oh, occassionaly they'll screw it up. Just read a news item about a WWII vet receiving a letter mailed 65 years ago. Why was that newsworthy? I'd say it's because it is so doggone rare, even though they handle about a gazillion pieces each day. You might get private business to do a somewhat more efficient job with first class, but they typically don't want the whole tree, just the cherries (no 2nd and 3rd class). I don't even mind the so called "junk mail". I welcome it. Gonna use some pizza coupons later this afternoon, in fact. Peruse what interests me and recycle the rest.

Like most every large organization (not just within government), the USPS can stand frequent reviews and periodic adjustments, but all in all, I think they rock. JMHO, as always.

Did I word that O.K. Danny??
smbpreformance (Offline)
  #16 4/30/09 3:25 PM
The post office is Arcaic and close to dead they way it is set up right now.

It is out of date and costing the tax payers millions a year that it could be saving if it had to account for its own finances

Call Doug Auld and let him know he is very good about taking care of issues that post office has messed up
ronmil (Offline)
  #17 4/30/09 3:35 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
I'm a big fan of the USPS myself. I have no relatives employed there and Danny B. is the only good friend I know on their payroll. When I consider that I routinely take cards, letters, invoices, whatever to the local post office, give them .42, and tell them "take this to an address in Atlanta.....or Dallas.....or even Columbus, IN.....or wherever" and they get it done in a couple of days. Amazing! Oh, occassionaly they'll screw it up. Just read a news item about a WWII vet receiving a letter mailed 65 years ago. Why was that newsworthy? I'd say it's because it is so doggone rare, even though they handle about a gazillion pieces each day. You might get private business to do a somewhat more efficient job with first class, but they typically don't want the whole tree, just the cherries (no 2nd and 3rd class). I don't even mind the so called "junk mail". I welcome it. Gonna use some pizza coupons later this afternoon, in fact. Peruse what interests me and recycle the rest.

Like most every large organization (not just within government), the USPS can stand frequent reviews and periodic adjustments, but all in all, I think they rock. JMHO, as always.

Marv,

I am in agreement with your post!

Ron Miller
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #18 4/30/09 3:48 PM
I never have any problems. Maybe it all has to do with karma.
Seadog (Offline)
  #19 4/30/09 4:06 PM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:

Right on sir!

Just to confirm my old fogie status, when I was a kid it was 3 cents to mail a letter and a penny to mail a post card.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #20 4/30/09 4:30 PM
Marv is so jovial because he was on the board of directors of the original Pony Express!

Chuck, who's got no problems with USPS operations other than every rate increase should have FOREVER STAMPS

Charles Nungester