IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 4/12/09 1:35 AM
We were sitting in the top row on that end(3rd turn). Pretty ugly crash. Reminded me of the one BC took in hot laps his 1st time at Eldora. Hope all goes well

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Doug Bushey (Offline)
  #12 4/12/09 1:52 AM
I just read this thread and am very concerned. Any updates are appreciated. Eldora hasn't been too kind to Darren...I just hope everything turns out okay this time!

Darren, our thoughts and prayers are with ya buddy. Get well soon!!!
petey (Offline)
  #13 4/12/09 1:56 AM
Sad to hear this esp. when he was having so far a very good year. Get well Darren!!
KSmith15 (Offline)
  #14 4/12/09 2:04 AM
Was sitting in turn 3 and it was absolutely NASTY... Thoughts and Prayers are with you Darren.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #15 4/12/09 2:20 AM
He got a little out of sorts as he was in turn three, got into the wall and just launched it. From where we were sitting (same place as Hoover) you could see a little bit of the car ABOVE the fence. It was a big time flip. The good part was that when they got him out of the car, he was standing and conscious. But from the expression on his face, you could tell he was in a lot of pain. That is especially unsettling when you see it coming from a driver that you hardly ever see when he's not laughing or smiling. Hopefully he gets well soon. The sport will definitely miss having a guy around that's on the kind of roll he is on, right now.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
mowerman (Offline)
  #16 4/12/09 2:24 AM
Hoping everything is okay for Darren. We hate to hear such an awful accident. Get well soon and we will see you in May.
Bob and Monica
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 4/12/09 2:26 AM
I was ont he north end of the main grandstand and from what I seen is he just layed it in there hard and bicycled and couldn't get it down before hitting the wall. It launched him. Ripped the front axel off in the fence then what I see was one of the front wheels come back down the track and into him after he'd already came to rest.

Nasty one. Thoughts and Prayers to Darren and crew and family.

Thanks for the updates, Bad news for sure but the care he recieved is probably unbeatable and hopefully it all works out to be good news in the end. Like I said, GET WELL SOON!

Charles Nungester
hoosierfan (Offline)
  #18 4/12/09 2:46 AM
Best wishes to Darren its horrible to have something like that happen Get well soon!
Posted via Mobile Device
ChaplainJackie (Offline)
  #19 4/12/09 8:49 AM
Posted via Mobile Device Hope you feel better soon Darren. I will be praying for you.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #20 4/12/09 10:07 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Darren. Hope the injuries aren't serious and the recovery swift and as painless as possible.

Frank Daigh
Closed Thread