IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
toledo47 (Offline)
  #11 12/15/21 6:02 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Are they going to allow Friday people to put down blankets to hold their seats?
If they do, I won’t go.
Good luck even getting an answer about that...
I’m not sure who is promoting the race, but they don’t seem to be doing much to draw a crowd.
With it being a end of the year race, announced pretty late, you’d think they’d be trying to spread the word about it.
Other than write ups mentioning Bell and Briscoe racing, I’ve basically seen nothing about the race lately and it’s already Wednesday night, only a couple more nights til race day.
No idea about who is racing other than 2 or 3 cars, no order of events posted. USAC hasn’t posted and article previewing the event...
For this time of year it’s a pretty major race, you’d think people would be talking about it more...
3 Likes: duel, ISF, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #12 12/15/21 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by toledo47:
Good luck even getting an answer about that...
I’m not sure who is promoting the race, but they don’t seem to be doing much to draw a crowd.
With it being a end of the year race, announced pretty late, you’d think they’d be trying to spread the word about it.
Other than write ups mentioning Bell and Briscoe racing, I’ve basically seen nothing about the race lately and it’s already Wednesday night, only a couple more nights til race day.
No idea about who is racing other than 2 or 3 cars, no order of events posted. USAC hasn’t posted and article previewing the event...
For this time of year it’s a pretty major race, you’d think people would be talking about it more...
I tried calling Wayne City Speedway and USAC
Wayne City doesn’t even have voice mail setup

Ron Miller
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #13 12/15/21 7:16 PM
Originally Posted by racenut69:
I believe the stands open at 3:30pm?...See ya there!
The promoter just posted that General Admission opens at 2:00PM.

Rick Roth
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
toledo47 (Offline)
  #14 12/15/21 7:33 PM
Originally Posted by luckybuc97:
Where are they posting info? I’ve only seen some stuff posted on the Facebook page of the event...
Considering going, long trip from Ohio though, don’t mind traveling, just went to western world in AZ last month, but I sure wish there was more stuff out there to promote this event...
Like some expected drivers, or an idea of the car count, etc...
Am I making the big drive for 10 midgets? 20 midgets? 30? I have no idea...
Lack of info/promotion makes me hesitant to make the trip...
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #15 12/15/21 8:25 PM
Dirt draft currently has 34 drivers to chose from. Now that’s not final as a few may not show up or someone may decide to enter late. Notables listed are Bell, Briscoe, Thorson, Daum, Moles, Neuman, Robinson, Crum, Johnson, Berryhill, Jordan Kinser ( driving Briscoe car), Babb and Cromwell. And Kayla Roell, who Jerry Shaw likes as someone to keep eye on, which he’s usually right.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, tirespinner, wildman92
duel (Offline)
  #16 12/15/21 8:29 PM
I see they are having a lot of mini-sprint racing Friday with their features on Saturday with USAC. The ad I saw said $8000 grand prize? I would think 30 plus midgets if that is to win. T-Mez is entered at Ft. Wayne. I wonder if he is only there for Friday and runs Du Q Saturday.
3 Likes: ISF, luckybuc97, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #17 12/16/21 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by luckybuc97:
Thank you.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
jdull99 (Online)
  #18 12/17/21 2:30 AM
http://usacracing.com/news/midget/it...aturday-dec-18

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
ronmil (Offline)
  #19 12/18/21 10:55 PM
How’s it going there? I don’t have Flo.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jdull99, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #20 12/18/21 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
How’s it going there? I don’t have Flo.
Intermission waiting on semi. Do we need to start a Go Fund Me for ya?

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, racenut69, ronmil, Rpracing1, tirespinner