IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cornerthree (Offline)
  #11 12/9/21 9:35 PM
Nice to have two dates in my home state of WI. Hopefully they get good support from fans and drivers.
3 Likes: jdull99, Pitdad, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #12 12/9/21 10:26 PM
Haubstadt Midget week.
3 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner, TNRustler
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #13 12/9/21 10:43 PM
Hoping the Sept. 16 TBA would be the Hurtubise Classic at the Action Track. Maybe Sept. 30.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #14 12/9/21 10:47 PM
Atomic is a bit of a drive but since the first time in went there I felt midgets or sprints would be an awesome show, it’s really cool fast track.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 12/9/21 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Please no. Havent you ever watched the second feature of a 2 open wheel car show? The track is crap by the second feature no matter which track you are at. I see people wishing for this all the time but it makes me think you have never seen this happen before. Tell me the last time the track wasnt crap for the sprint cars during midget week.
The best feature was the fourth and Silvercrown a couple years back at Eldora. Leary on the wall, KTJ down low and Cottle trying to split em. Over half the race.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, luckybuc97
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #16 12/9/21 11:30 PM
ISF. I don’t know what you think about Joliet but I was hoping it would be on the schedule. Would’ve been nice to see a little central Illinois deal too, Jacksonville, Farmer City Fairbury. I am glad we got a Saturday at Terre Haute. It’s about time. I’m sure all the weekday and Sunday races has kept more than a couple fans at home, I know it did me
3 Likes: oppweld, spicoli, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #17 12/10/21 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
ISF. I don’t know what you think about Joliet but I was hoping it would be on the schedule. Would’ve been nice to see a little central Illinois deal too, Jacksonville, Farmer City Fairbury. I am glad we got a Saturday at Terre Haute. It’s about time. I’m sure all the weekday and Sunday races has kept more than a couple fans at home, I know it did me
We'd be plenty excited for the USAC Sprint Cars at Joliet if they could find a way to start the A-main at a decent hour. We had a very bad experience at Joliet a couple of years ago when the USAC midgets were paired up with the winger sprint cars. Did not leave a very good impression on anyone in attendance.

Would love to see USAC Sprint Cars (and USAC Midgets, as well) at Jacksonville!! Best run dirt track in Illinois!! KD knows how to run an open wheel event better than any track in the state. Fairbury and Farmer City are hard core late model mainstays, and justifiably so, but open wheel events have a history of lacking fan support. Even the World of Outlaw Sprint Cars couldn't make any money for the folks at Fairbury.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
5 Likes: luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, spicoli, tirespinner
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #18 12/10/21 1:31 AM
The reason they quit trying Saturdays at Terre Haute was dismal car count and not great fan support either. The weekdays have worked. Too bad you missed it. We’ll see.
miledirt (Offline)
  #19 12/10/21 8:21 AM
Kenny Dobson at Jacksonville is one of the best promoters out there. Would be interesting to hear his take on why the central Il. tracks can't or don't get USAC shows.
7 Likes: Dirtfan, ISF, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, Steve Wendel, tirespinner
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #20 12/10/21 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Please no. Havent you ever watched the second feature of a 2 open wheel car show? The track is crap by the second feature no matter which track you are at. I see people wishing for this all the time but it makes me think you have never seen this happen before. Tell me the last time the track wasnt crap for the sprint cars during midget week.
Are you saying that a double open wheel show is no good? The full stands at midget week would seem to indicate that fans love the double open wheel shows. To continue to have 17 sprints and 8 modifieds as a full show just doesn't do it for me at THAT.
The Grove was a good race last year (and years before) and that is a double open wheel on the half mile. So good that Port Royal said hold my beer and added SC to the Eastern storm.
The doubles are highly attractive to me.
See you at the races.
3 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner, TNRustler