IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #11 4/18/19 6:38 PM
Is there a ignore feature on IOW? Asking for a friend.
16 Likes: 7horse, Big Mike 7, billw, captrat, itsanonwingthing, jdull99, jim goerge, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, ronmil, ryan84, speed bump, superstock30, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
hairracer44 (Offline)
  #12 4/18/19 6:57 PM
Originally Posted by 7horse:
Just don't understand how the winningest driver in USAC history doesn't have his own equipment, how much money did those 60+ wins pay?
Not enough to field a car to run the full USAC Schedule and be competitive. I have heard costs from the low end of $150,000 a season to over $300,000. As a driver you make a precentage of what the car makes and the owner and sponsers bare the brunt of the expenses. If you have the talent and can get a ride without paying for it(that doesn't happen very often if at all anymore) you can make a little bit of money but it's not Indy Car and NASCAR where you sign a contract to make X amout of money with incentives and bonuses to win big races.
5 Likes: jdull99, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, tirespinner
chastaj (Offline)
  #13 4/18/19 8:56 PM
Originally Posted by hairracer44:
Not enough to field a car to run the full USAC Schedule and be competitive. I have heard costs from the low end of $150,000 a season to over $300,000. As a driver you make a precentage of what the car makes and the owner and sponsers bare the brunt of the expenses. If you have the talent and can get a ride without paying for it(that doesn't happen very often if at all anymore) you can make a little bit of money but it's not Indy Car and NASCAR where you sign a contract to make X amout of money with incentives and bonuses to win big races.
Speaking from experience, it takes $60-75,000 Just to run local shows for a season. With travel I’m thinking $200k rock bottom to run USAC For a year
4 Likes: hairracer44, jim goerge, Owen, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #14 4/18/19 8:58 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
So the Epperson #2 isn't a good ride?
Coulda fooled me.
Maybe ok ride, wouldn’t say it’s cream of the crop. Think maybe Tyler Thomas won 1 race for them last year. Don’t think they’ve ever had a championship? Let me know if I’m wrong.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #15 4/18/19 9:15 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Maybe ok ride, wouldn’t say it’s cream of the crop. Think maybe Tyler Thomas won 1 race for them last year. Don’t think they’ve ever had a championship? Let me know if I’m wrong.
I'm sure that any Sprint Car team would be open to contributions,if one had extra dollars to contribute for our racing enjoyment.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6 Likes: Big Game Hunter, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #16 4/18/19 9:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
I'm sure that any Sprint Car team would be open to contributions,if one had extra dollars to contribute for our racing enjoyment.
Done that, Brandon Morin will back me up. Also contribute to modified owner/driver. Not to mention the numerous shirts and items I’ve purchased over the years to help.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: campingman, jim goerge, Morin Racing 98
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #17 4/18/19 9:34 PM
Good,glad to hear it. Thanks!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, tirespinner, wildman92
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #18 4/18/19 9:35 PM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Hey Chief NOT NO NOTHING. He won some little 500s. How many current owners have championships?? Not cream of the crop. You obviously know nothing do you ? Maybe not all USAC but I did win in the Epperson Sprint Car & Epperson’s Midget. Ask Shane Cottle, Hunter Percent, Eric Gordon, Nick Bilbee , Brady Bacon and many more drivers and I think the late great Robbie Stanley did run pretty good in the Epperson Gordon Silver Crown Car but he is not a top team owner. So Chief NO NOTHING how many wins or championship do you HAVE as a owner or driver? So you my friend ARE WRONG and its a pretty damn good ride and as you says it’s just an OKAY ride lmao.

Sincerely

Bobby Smith # 8
15 Likes: addictedtodirt, CGardner46, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, cornerthree, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, kcarm92, Longtime sprinter, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, scottyCbus, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #19 4/18/19 9:53 PM
Originally Posted by bsmith8:
Hey Chief NOT NO NOTHING. He won some little 500s. How many current owners have championships?? Not cream of the crop. You obviously know nothing do you ? Maybe not all USAC but I did win in the Epperson Sprint Car & Epperson’s Midget. Ask Shane Cottle, Hunter Percent, Eric Gordon, Nick Bilbee , Brady Bacon and many more drivers and I think the late great Robbie Stanley did run pretty good in the Epperson Gordon Silver Crown Car but he is not a top team owner. So Chief NO NOTHING how many wins or championship do you HAVE as a owner or driver? So you my friend ARE WRONG and its a pretty damn good ride and as your dumb Azz says it’s just an OKAY ride lmao.

Sincerely

Bobby Smith # 8
Try getting your point across without name calling please

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, progressive22, ronmil, Rpracing1, tirespinner, wallbanger II
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #20 4/18/19 10:02 PM
So he can dog a car owner and it’s okay ?
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, ISF, PIT CART, scottyCbus, superstock30, tirespinner, wright59