IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
FishBurger (Offline)
  #11 10/9/17 3:04 PM
So very sorry to hear this. Like Ron above, I watched your Dad in action many times. He was a good one....a charger. R.I.P. Racer
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #12 10/9/17 3:28 PM
Sorry for your loss. Cancer took my Dad 16 years ago. I hate cancer. Your family will be in my thoughts.
3 Likes: dickster, fish, tirespinner
MRAY3 (Offline)
  #13 10/9/17 4:15 PM
So sorry for your loss, Billy. I had the pleasure of watching him race many times.
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Gregg (Offline)
  #14 10/9/17 5:26 PM
We first saw your dad race in 1966, I think it was a TQ show. In qualifying the announcer called him Bill Putter-baugh. My mom wrote down Bill Butterball. Later my dad and I found out it was Puterbaugh. We broke my mom's mistake to her gently. We didn't want her to quit as the racing scribe of the family. I though you needed a chuckle about now.

We saw your dad race many times since and followed him all the way to Indy to see his ROY run. Helluva good wheelman.

My condolences to your family. It's very tough to lose a dad especially a great one. Many of us can tell you that.
5 Likes: fish, PJ Wright, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 10/9/17 9:16 PM
Thoughts and Prayers to the Puterbaugh Family and their friends.

Charles Nungester
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #16 10/9/17 11:02 PM
Like several other IOWers, I watched your father race many times. I especially remember him wheeling the Komer (sp?) Buick-powered caged sprinter in the old "super modified" days and Hector Honore's Bardahl Black Deuce.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
Vertigo (Offline)
  #17 10/10/17 12:41 AM
I always loved to see you and your dad pull the "Spirit of Indiana" hauler into the pits. Wonderful times.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #18 10/10/17 7:22 AM
My condolences to your family.
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #19 10/10/17 3:02 PM
Prayers to you and your mom
wandak (Offline)
  #20 10/10/17 3:14 PM
The Knepper family extends their thoughts and prayers to the Puterbaugh family. We remember Billy from the time he started his midget career back in the St. Louis area. Our families were great friends at the time. God bless you all. Wanda K.