IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #11 6/4/18 4:55 PM
I have been there for every 410 non wing race they have run and I think this is an excellent facility and I am pleased USAC has finally decided where they are going to kick off ISW.

My only concern is it has on occasion gotten a little dusty. Having said that, each race has been less dusty than the previous.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
2 Likes: dkdorkboy, racer-x
revjimk (Offline)
  #12 6/4/18 6:24 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
If you can’t trust a cotton t-shirt anymore, who can you trust?

Glad the news is out so everyone can make plans.
Good question... https://www.spreadshirt.com/i-m+with...filiateId=7555
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #13 6/4/18 6:25 PM
I think it's a good idea. They have made several improvements to the facility. Only thing I worry about is the track prep! The last two times we ran there the track has been terrible and that's putting it mildly! I really wish usac would add another day to sprint week and give it to Gas City! The track surface has been great all year long!
15 Likes: addictedtodirt, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, dustbowl, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, MIKE69, mowerman, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racefan20, rapid robert, spicoli
ChetC (Offline)
  #14 6/4/18 8:32 PM
Highlight from Plymouth earlier this year: https://www.facebook.com/usacracing/...4778818590966/
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #15 6/4/18 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by dirttrackfan6371:
What does everyone think of Plymouth to open sprint week and about the shirt that had IMS or was there a shirt
I think it is a great Plan B.

Should have been Plan A. Plymouth works more than fine for me. USAC moved ISW back a week to not conflict with the Doty Classic & Kings Royal week/weekend anymore, pleasing many fans. A hats off for that move. It is unfortunate, however, that they could not address this shortcoming for the first round of ISW sooner. The schedule for ISW was announced back in September and was "TBA" until today.

http://usacracing.com/news/item/6686...for-july-20-28
3 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, nathans1012
Nate (Offline)
  #16 6/4/18 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
I think it is a great Plan B.

Should have been Plan A. Plymouth works more than fine for me. USAC moved ISW back a week to not conflict with the Doty Classic & Kings Royal week/weekend anymore, pleasing many fans. A hats off for that move. It is unfortunate, however, that they could not address this shortcoming for the first round of ISW sooner. The schedule for ISW was announced back in September and was "TBA" until today.

http://usacracing.com/news/item/6686...for-july-20-28
In all honesty I think all of this has been the political side of racing coming out. Yes, the IMS deal didn't work out. But really, Plymouth was the best step forward in this situation? You don't think Hoosier had any hand in it as they have their hand in the cookie jar sort of speak at Plymouth?

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #17 6/5/18 12:20 AM
Here is an article for all of you to read.
Very good on the subject matter and some insight by Robert Ballou.

Link - https://www.indianasprintcarnews.blo...le-affair.html

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #18 6/5/18 12:30 AM
Was it the best step forward? It's as good as any. The whole indy thing,while novel was a disaster waiting to happen (anyone remember indy indoors?). I remember complaining to Mr Funk at Plymouth about a month ago about the lack of a real cushion there at the USAC race, but I left satisfied. The feature ended up good and the program was run off very efficiently. I haven't been to Gas City since I can't remember but a reoccurring statement on here is the seating, that's not a problem at Plymouth. They can put a cushion on the track, I can testify, because last time I buckled up I almost turned over my buddies modified by slamming the curb. I'm sure that the powers that be at Plymouth know full well what this means to all involved and I would like to think it will be there best effort to date. As far as Gas, you would have to be living under a rock to not realize the effort that has been put into reviving the place. I would like to think that their dedication will be rewarded next season with a date. Ultimately I hope next year we have one more night of ISW
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, nathans1012, The Old Coyote
miledirt (Offline)
  #19 6/5/18 6:12 AM
Just wonder why it didn't work out at IMS

Obviously temporary facilities can be made to work, see Chili Bowl and Gateway Dirt

Nothing against Plymouth getting it at all, no dog in that fight... just curious about IMS
david mitchell (Offline)
  #20 6/5/18 8:33 AM
Flagboy is correct here.ISW and the logistics needed to host it have outgrown Gas City.I love Gas City,but do not enjoy being jammed in to a grandstand that is not only too small,but very uncomfortable.Destroy the grandstand and build a larger and newer one.Perhaps like Kokomo has done.Maybe two of these.I realize the expense of this,but I don’t think there is an alternative.Even temporary bleachers would be better than current grandstand.North Vernon,Brownstown,Kamp,Paragon,etc have lost their date because of various reasons,Gas City is sadly another victim of the success of ISW.