IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #11 12/9/13 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by billw:
bloomington released their schedule a few weeks ago it shows their sprint week date as july 18
Good spot, Bill. I was browsing their track website for news and could not find any 2014 info. Never thought to look at facebook.

Not to hijack the thread, but something I did find related to Ohio Sprint Speedweek: Attica has posted that they are hosting one of the races on June 20th. That should be the Ohio Sprint Speedweek kickoff, I am guessing. Atomic Speedway has one the following Wednesday, June 25th. Just thought I would toss this in.

Hope you got good picks for your vacation Dan399. Don't want to miss any action!
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #12 12/9/13 10:58 PM
I'm thinking of doing a weekend trip for a couple shows next year. Is the gas city/Kokomo or the Bloomington/ haubstadt combo the best? Never been to any of these. I'm primarily a late model fan but want to go see a couple speed week shows. Thanks!
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #13 12/10/13 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by chathamracefan:
I'm thinking of doing a weekend trip for a couple shows next year. Is the gas city/Kokomo or the Bloomington/ haubstadt combo the best? Never been to any of these. I'm primarily a late model fan but want to go see a couple speed week shows. Thanks!
Gas City / Kokomo, definitely.
4 Likes: fish, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #14 12/10/13 1:55 AM
Gas City/Kokomo, because of Kokomo.

Frank Daigh
3 Likes: mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, Ty
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #15 12/10/13 8:22 AM
Bloomington/Haubstadt Definitely you know.....opinions are like a$$holes , everybody has one. Some just bigger than others!
mc/rider (Offline)
  #16 12/10/13 8:48 AM
Its a tough call.You have 7 months to figure out how to do both.Either way is a good time and good racing
3 Likes: jim goerge, JordanBlanton, racing2bwithu2
racen857 (Offline)
  #17 12/10/13 6:46 PM
Yes I am waiting on the schedule too. Hoping to a 2014 Eastern Storm tour on it as well.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #18 12/10/13 7:30 PM
Win-win situation. You can't make a "bad" decision. My introduction to traditional sprint cars was a Bloomington/L'burg sprintweek combo 13 years ago and I was hooked.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #19 12/10/13 8:01 PM

Either one is like poker and getting 4 aces.
2 Likes: jim goerge, PJ Wright
Go Fast (Offline)
  #20 12/10/13 10:44 PM
Schedule is supposed to come out at PRI along with the decision on which tire will be the single spec RR.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!