IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 Track Worker Dies
5/25/08, 11:23 AM   #11
Re: Little 500 Track Worker Dies
Chaplain Dave

Our prayers go out to family, friends and participants. We all realize the dangers involved in auto racing and pray that this will never happen.
God gives us hope that we will once again see our loved ones in heaven.

To be absent from this body is to be present in heaven. 2 Corintians 5:8
Dave and Brenda

5/25/08, 11:43 AM   #12
4wheelsinthekoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT227 View Post
Does anyone know what car it was that hit him? We were there but everyone sitting in our section wasn't sure...debate was between the 91, 23, 5. Either way, tragic. Hopefully something positive comes out of this such as helmets for on-track workers at a minimum.
I am pretty sure that it wasnt Dave Steele 91 or Billy Puterbaugh 23 or Tony Elliott 5. I know it wasnt me. Cause i had a front row seat.

5/25/08, 11:51 AM   #13
Sprintfan13

my thoughta and prayer go out to his family and if I may ask how old was it

5/25/08, 12:11 PM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintfan13 View Post
my thoughta and prayer go out to his family and if I may ask how old was it
The Anderson Herald-Bulletin said that he was 50 years old. Way too young to be taken from us.:crying: Thoughts and prayers for his family, friends and speedway co-workers. It made a very exciting race a rather somber event.

I also saw it and that memory will be etched in my mind forever. As Billy said, if you are a track worker NEVER turn your back to the oncoming traffic. Even under yellow flag conditions, danger is always present.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/25/08, 2:56 PM   #15
1BIGracefan

The entire talk2drivers.com family wish to extend our condolences to the family of the gentleman who lost his life Saturday evening. We all know how dangerous racing as a sport can be, but we never really think about the safety crews. These folks are in the line of fire so to speak too.... it's a tragedy, but HOPEFULLY something can come positive out of this.

5/25/08, 3:04 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT227 View Post
Does anyone know what car it was that hit him? We were there but everyone sitting in our section wasn't sure...debate was between the 91, 23, 5. Either way, tragic. Hopefully something positive comes out of this such as helmets for on-track workers at a minimum.
It couldn't have been Steele since his was involved in the accident that brought out the yellow flag and was parked in Turn 1 & 2. You heard from Billy Puterbaugh and it wasn't him and I wasn't Elliott either. It really doesn't matter as it is a tragedy that Roy's family and friends are mourning now.:crying:

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/25/08, 4:04 PM   #17
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family along with his co-workers.....

5/25/08, 5:27 PM   #18
Bostonian

My prayers go out to his family and to the driver of the car. I hope he is doing ok too. I'm sure it must be real hard on him.

5/25/08, 8:13 PM   #19
Mad Max

http://www.theheraldbulletin.com/loc...146194017.html

Thoughts and prayers with the track workers family, co-workers, and the driver.

5/25/08, 8:57 PM   #20

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and to the track. Word can not express how unfortanate this is. God SPEED!

As for a very select few fan that decided to go down to look and come back and yell across an entire section what they saw, GROW UP. I really don't car what the emts had to do, i am just thankful they did everything they could. I must admit, If I could have got to you quicker u would have left the grand stands! It was uncalled for. Sorry for my rant, but some fan have no respect. Thank you safty crew for doing your best.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500 Track Worker Dies