IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #11 6/20/13 6:54 AM
I think this is a great idea. You may want to get in touch with the safety crew at Lawrenceburg Speedway. They might be able to help with the class. They seem to be one of the best crews out there right now.
2 Likes: newhart5, tim brown
DAD (Offline)
  #12 6/20/13 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by weirracing:
KD Tools Hose Pinch-Off Pliers - 3791 they have different sizes too
SKU: KDT-3791 these would work good to pinch off fuel lines when I seen them take a tail tank off the track Sunday night I thought it would of been nice if they had something to close off the line so someone didn't have to ride in the back of the mule holding the line up so fuel didn't run out

How about the Doug Wolfgang's "Wolfie Valve"?

Honest Dad himself
flatout18 (Offline)
  #13 6/20/13 2:05 PM
Double over the fuel line and tie it with a plastic wire tie. As you pull the tie tight it causes the hose to pinch shut as long as the tie is close to the bend.
2 Likes: kcarm92, Pedaltime61x
fasster23 (Offline)
  #14 6/20/13 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
How about the Doug Wolfgang's "Wolfie Valve"?

Honest Dad himself
You have me intrigued. I googled it and all I found was one for sale thru Speedway but a terrible product description. How does it work?

Posted via Mobile Device
19racer
  #15 6/22/13 10:36 PM
I have made contact with the Lawrenceburg Crew also was put into touch with the safety crew at IRP and IMS. Some things are in the works. Still looking for a car that isnt raceable that has junk parts on it for training. The car will never hit the track for any reason other than traning but most likely be done in pit area. With it being July it may be hard to get one in before end of the season but ones i have talked to says need to get all tracks on board this winter and train and share knowledge that each of us have with each other. Never know when we may have to work with each other and its nice to know how things are done before we need them. Thanks to ones that have replied, do have them looking into possibly sponsoring pliers for fuel lines if the tank should seperate from the car. If anyone has anything please send a message. it will be beneficial to everyone and will make sure you get credit for any dontions that are given. thanks again and everyone have a safe rest of the season
STIDA.com (Offline)
  #16 6/22/13 10:54 PM
Still working on a car. I will find one.

Originally Posted by 19racer:
I have made contact with the Lawrenceburg Crew also was put into touch with the safety crew at IRP and IMS. Some things are in the works. Still looking for a car that isnt raceable that has junk parts on it for training. The car will never hit the track for any reason other than traning but most likely be done in pit area. With it being July it may be hard to get one in before end of the season but ones i have talked to says need to get all tracks on board this winter and train and share knowledge that each of us have with each other. Never know when we may have to work with each other and its nice to know how things are done before we need them. Thanks to ones that have replied, do have them looking into possibly sponsoring pliers for fuel lines if the tank should seperate from the car. If anyone has anything please send a message. it will be beneficial to everyone and will make sure you get credit for any dontions that are given. thanks again and everyone have a safe rest of the season
Posted via Mobile Device
19racer
  #17 6/22/13 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by STIDA.com:
Still working on a car. I will find one.

Posted via Mobile Device
Ok thanks,, I got your message last night but was at Terre Haute working a show til rains came and forgot to reply back.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #18 6/27/13 6:59 PM
Not yet