IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #11 6/27/14 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Nut'n but Dirt:
Levi - if you want to help us out at the car wash afterward, that would be great! LOL

Sure, if our honored guest of the night wants to help at the car wash, who are we to take that away from them!
Yea that's the real fun going to the car wash after the races.... Just go ahead and include that in the pkg, also teach them to mount and groove tires make sure they get the full affect of what it's like to work on a car.

Neat idea and I'm sure the every day fan will have a blast.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, R A K
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #12 6/27/14 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by on_the_edge:
... also teach them to mount and groove tires make sure they get the full affect of what it's like to work on a car....
One of my fondest memories (although I didn't think much of it at the time) was standing in the hot sun in the Eldora Pits helping Rich Vogler figure how to mount the just-introduced bead lock system that comprised a very stiff inner tube that didn't want to stretch enough to get over the rim.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, interpreter66, Midget 89
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #13 6/27/14 1:43 PM
This is one great idea. Raises some money and promotes the sport. Way to go, guys.

#14 6/30/14 9:08 AM
Still time to come join us have some fun and maybe see the other side of a race team. I promise to be on my best behavior ,dam that may be the toughest part of sprintweek lol.
robert gatten (Offline)
  #15 6/30/14 9:21 AM
You should include their own personalized mud scrapper to take home.
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #16 6/30/14 12:08 PM
And now the FUN part ... I'm gonna teach u how to grind tires . You're gonna LOVE this!
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #17 6/30/14 12:35 PM
Every time I see someone grinding tires especially sprint car tires... I laugh, shake my head and think what a dumb idea.

dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #18 6/30/14 1:04 PM
I agree! Sounds like a gd idea for a new thread.
racenut69 (Offline)
  #19 6/30/14 4:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nut'n but Dirt:
Levi - if you want to help us out at the car wash afterward, that would be great! LOL

Sure, if our honored guest of the night wants to help at the car wash, who are we to take that away from them!
Can I drink a cold one with DD after the races,out of the Trophy???..I still can't do it though,but man that would be so COOL!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #20 7/1/14 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer:
I agree! Sounds like a gd idea for a new thread.
My earlier response wasn't really about grinding tires. I guess you could say it was my fatal attempt to spell B U M P S

Just as this post is supposed to do.

3 Likes: backstretchdave, i love dirt track racing, racegal