IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Seadog (Offline)
  #11 3/11/11 2:37 PM
Originally Posted by PAW:
Hope they do away with the 51-49B.S.
OK, let's try this one more time.

This 51-49 is what the promoter wanted. Why don't you go directly to the source and file a complaint?

Go here: http://www.trackenterprises.com/

On the right in a red box it says - Questions? Comments? Drop us a line. Click here. - Go and tell Bob Sargeant you don't like it.

Would you rather that the races just go away if they don't grant your request?

Hey, it's Silver Crown cars on the dirt miles. That's a very good thing IMO.
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #12 3/11/11 3:15 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
OK, let's try this one more time.

This 51-49 is what the promoter wanted. Why don't you go directly to the source and file a complaint?

Go here: http://www.trackenterprises.com/

On the right in a red box it says - Questions? Comments? Drop us a line. Click here. - Go and tell Bob Sargeant you don't like it.

Would you rather that the races just go away if they don't grant your request?

Hey, it's Silver Crown cars on the dirt miles. That's a very good thing IMO.
I tried to contact them per their web site and it said your requst can not be sent due to an error.
Maybe they do not care what I think.
Seadog (Offline)
  #13 3/11/11 3:38 PM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
I tried to contact them per their web site and it said your requst can not be sent due to an error.
Maybe they do not care what I think.
Did you try the email address at the bottom of the page? It's track@trackenterprises.com

Just trying to send the blame or credit to where it's due.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #14 3/11/11 7:20 PM
Regardless of what you think of Bob Sargeant, I have always found him more than willing to communicate. A few years ago I ran into him in the infield of the Illinois State Fairgrounds track and had a good chat about issues and racing. Last year I sent an email expressing my opinion about the 50/50 and modifieds at Indy and got a response from Bob that same day inviting me to come talk to him about my concerns when I got to Indy. I'm just a fan and he has been willing to address my issues directly with me. I would be surprised if he has changed his approach in the last few months. I would suggest that anyone who has concerns about issues try honestly communicating your concerns to him. You may not agree with him, but he will communicate with you.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: billwill, Steve Wendel
ISF (Offline)
  #15 3/11/11 8:44 PM
When I began going to Springfield for the Silver Crown Bettenhausen 100 in the late 70's/early 80's there was at least 3 or 4 times the crowd there is now and they didn't run anything but the SC cars. Period. And, there were no support classes 'till they began to run the a National Midget show then later the mods. The Midget show gave the crowd a shot in the arm but driver safety put a stop to that deal. I think all anyone is saying is that if we don't support these races they are going to be just a memory, like when the Championship Trail came through Springfield, Du Quoin, Indy Fairgrounds, Syracuse, and Sacramento.

I've used the e-mail address at the bottom of the page told Sarg what I thought about the 50-50 deal, among other things, and he will get back to you but he thinks it's great and I doubt, unless something really significant happens, that the deal will be changed.

You're right Indy1808, the stands would be overflowing if the Indy Car guys ran the Miles. And you're also correct when you say it won't happen, but we all know it should. Could you imagine Penske and Ganassi, et al, with Silver Crown cars at the Indy Mile or Du Quoin with Helio and Dario strapped in them!!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #16 3/11/11 8:44 PM
I love the champ cars on the mile,(No not silver crown,CHAMP CARS),
and wish we stil ran ours. To me this is what comes closest to the roots of ALL american racing. This is where it all started, fairgrounds one mile tracks.

I also prefer the straight 100 miles, I'm a traditionalist. But if I can't get the straight 100, I'll take what I have to.It is better then no show at all.

By the way , DuQuoin was the best mile race last year.The best show though was Terre Haute the best Champ Car showof the year. If you missed it , you blew it.
sprntr (Offline)
  #17 3/13/11 3:39 AM
I thought Eldora was a better show than TH. Glad I got to see & enjoy all the midwest dirt SC races. Wish Springfield hadn't rained out, it was a long drive from Minnesota for a rainout!
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #18 3/13/11 10:14 AM
Sprntr, I will politely disagree, watching Jones and Darland at THAT was the more enjoyable for me to watch, then BC running away at Eldora.
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #19 3/13/11 10:19 AM
If they raced Williams Grove I wouldn't care how they split up the 100 laps!
Posted via Mobile Device
sprntr (Offline)
  #20 3/13/11 2:35 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
Sprntr, I will politely disagree, watching Jones and Darland at THAT was the more enjoyable for me to watch, then BC running away at Eldora.
You don't have to be polite, I'm a big boy!

TH did have a better racing for the lead, at least until Double D's Slide Job from Hell.
I thought the racing behind BC at Eldora was excellent throughout the field, I especially enjoyed watching Robert Ballou in the Sachs-Yermal entry driving like he was possessed!

Stop by the #43 pits after the Fairgrounds race (or any of the Miles), we can argue over a Beer!

steiny