IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DAD (Offline)
  #11 7/13/11 9:51 AM
The "cream" will come to the top. All most racers want is to think they have a chance to win ever so often. I went once to a race and watched AJ Felker win the race only to be beat by the rules and rulers . The crowd in the stands got mad as hell, but poor AJ was not in the "click" and not allowed to win. That was several years ago and I haven't gone back since. Make all the dumb call's you want but make them on every one and you will keep your base. Let's get the "clicks" out of racing, If it takes another outfit to do it "so be it"!

DAD
2 Likes: SprintManDave
Shawn (Offline)
  #12 7/13/11 10:30 AM
I'm not sure if it's the same race that you speak of, but I do remember Felker passing Willis for the lead, only to be black flagged. This was at Rushville, so it's a call that I think was wrong, but could have went either way, I guess. It wasn't a dirty move. It's tight racing and I think A.J. was under Jason. Anyway, calls like that are going to happen all over the country, every weekend.

With that being said, there are a lot of other issues (other than on track calls) involved that make the resolution not so easy to fix.
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #13 7/13/11 10:45 AM
I was born and raised in the open wheel racing circuit. But,I live in stock car country. I see so much wrong with the stock car side of things and so much potential with the TQ's and MC size cars. Believe me, TQ racing is one of the best ways a guywith little $$ but that wants to race and compete in open wheel racing can go IMO. The little cars are real race cars but still affordable to the working guy and great competition. Everyone needs to work together and keep TQ's alive. I don't care how many clubs there are. I think the 2 different clubs have actually helped the competitors but it has split the fan base. I only wish I was closer to Indiana.
Indy (Offline)
  #14 7/13/11 12:13 PM
Just ask yourself how we wound up with the division in TQ racing. Look at the history of the team that caused the birth of the MWTQL and their suspensions and on/off track intimidations. I don't think a group leadership atmosphere has helped in this situation. And now the car counts are so low you suspend 1 you lose 5 cars which was the problem at the Rushville Fair in June with only 16 cars. If you are voted in as a leader by a group, it can and has in the past resulted in less than faverable decisions just to appease the individuals who may have helped you get your position. I see no easy answer. But consistancy in leadership withuot fear of being voted out may be the way to go.
2 Likes: SprintManDave, Xflagman
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #15 7/14/11 12:04 AM
as far as car counts go they dont really seem to bad compared to other tracks and divisions imo. it seems both clubs are getting around 20 at most shows. That is pretty decent considering the traveling schedule and economics involved (gas, fuel, tires, etc...) The club that puts up a good purse with good leaders will be the prominent organization, but that leadership is the most important part in keeping those people.

The past is the past so lets look forward to tomorrow and learn from what went wrong today and go racing and have FUN!!!

Brad
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #16 7/14/11 1:49 AM
Outlaw tq group? Awesome
Posted using Mobile Device
Cincy Dirt Bowl (Offline)
  #17 7/14/11 6:05 AM
Want a bigger car count, add 600cc mini-sprints, up-rights and sidewinders both. It is being done in other parts of the country right now with success. The sad part is this won't happen, Indiana TQs are not fans of transmissions. Trust me, I have been there, done that, and wasted a bunch of $. The car I built was the answer though.
Carl Cruse / MTQRL Announcer
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #18 7/14/11 7:26 AM
i agree with above the 600 can run with tq and be competitive for both and raise car counts. the problem in indy is there are already plenty of 600s doing well with car counts and i dont see them wanting to go anywhere.
ambrose1 (Offline)
  #19 7/14/11 8:12 AM
they are afraid of anything with a chain drive powertrain. in 1987 they outlawed chain drives and roadsters (sidewinders). people in the stands that pay to see the races cant tell the difference if the cars are powered by a chain or a quick change rear end.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #20 7/14/11 9:36 AM
Originally Posted by Cincy Dirt Bowl:
Want a bigger car count, add 600cc mini-sprints, up-rights and sidewinders both. It is being done in other parts of the country right now with success. The sad part is this won't happen, Indiana TQs are not fans of transmissions. Trust me, I have been there, done that, and wasted a bunch of $. The car I built was the answer though.
Carl Cruse / MTQRL Announcer
No, the car you HAD built, was NOT the answer, you were told, how you could have that car built, and still meet the rule book, but you chose to do it another way, which wasn't by the rule book, plus, you were running it on gas, another self inflicted deviation from the rule book. A TRADITIONAL TQ, doesn't have a chain drive, a MINI-SPRINT does, traditional Sprint cars, and midgets, don't have transmissions or chain drives, why is that so hard to understand, if you want to run a TQ, abide by the rule book, if you want to run a Mini-Sprint, run it by the rule book for that type of car, not by the rules you want to make up, to suit your own situation, or desires, and BTW, who ever called you an announcer? Bob!

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
Closed Thread