IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #11 2/19/11 3:05 PM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
Thats sad, gotta worry about doing good on the track, but now gotta worry about getting your stuff stolen, how sad
Posted via Mobile Device
Not that it's happened to me, but shortly after I quit going to one track, they had a lot of stuff stolen out of trailers, mostly money, and parts and tools, they even stole one guys blue jeans, and this was supposed to be a"guarded" pit, probably the guard and his "family". We usually try to have a team member stay with the trailer, or if it's feature time, and no one on either side of us will be around the trailers, we lock up. Seems like this has only started in the last few years, like everything else, you leave your equipment available, so if a friend, or enemy, for that matter, needs a part, they can have access, but you can't even do that now. Really sad, and ya gotta hope, it's not someone you race with. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
racegal (Offline)
  #12 2/19/11 3:59 PM
That is terrible!!Words can't even describe how low it is!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
I Miss Manzy (Offline)
  #13 2/19/11 5:19 PM
[ 2) big ass rottweiler (this was our choice.....musta worked cause we never had anything missing )[/QUOTE]

A Rotty will do it every time!!
USAC Fan
  #14 2/19/11 5:43 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Because 99.9 percent of the time racing is attended by racing lovers who only wish everyone best for the sport.
This is the kind of naive attitude that allows theft to happen. There are hundreds of people in a pit area at a race. Sprint car guys, stock car guys, modified guys, how can you assume 99.9% of those people harbor no ill intent? YOU CAN'T. And then what about the other people they may invite to the track, you don't know them. Then what about people who may just buy a pit pass specifically for going in to steal stuff? You don't.

I have never once left my trailer unoccupied during a night without locking it. And guess what? I've never had anything stolen. People need to get over this warm fuzzy feeling that everyone at a racetrack is kindhearted with good intentions. 30 years ago, maybe. Today, not a chance.
stif racing (Offline)
  #15 2/19/11 5:45 PM
It's pretty sad, before long you are going to have to have a guard with your team at the track to just watch the trailer or else lock it up everytime you go to the track which would just be a pain of pulling stuff out and putting it back. I went to work this week and somebody stole the aluminum down spouts off the building, they got two sections about 10' feet long, it's real sad.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #16 2/19/11 7:24 PM
Originally Posted by USAC Fan:
This is the kind of naive attitude that allows theft to happen. There are hundreds of people in a pit area at a race. Sprint car guys, stock car guys, modified guys, how can you assume 99.9% of those people harbor no ill intent? YOU CAN'T. And then what about the other people they may invite to the track, you don't know them. Then what about people who may just buy a pit pass specifically for going in to steal stuff? You don't.

I have never once left my trailer unoccupied during a night without locking it. And guess what? I've never had anything stolen. People need to get over this warm fuzzy feeling that everyone at a racetrack is kindhearted with good intentions. 30 years ago, maybe. Today, not a chance.

The fact that you left our the rest of my reply and IMPUTED your views on my post that were totally off base. Well, Simply deserves no response.

Charles Nungester
USAC Fan
  #17 2/19/11 7:50 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
The fact that you left our the rest of my reply and IMPUTED your views on my post that were totally off base. Well, Simply deserves no response.
You made a statement of fact that "99.9 percent of the time racing is attended by racing lovers who only wish everyone best for the sport" and that's simply not true. The rest of your post was irrelevant.

But hey, ignore it, leave your cars unlocked, leave your stuff on the bleachers. Don't worry, everyone out there is your friend, they'll watch it for you.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #18 2/20/11 11:50 AM
USACFAN, Your irrelivant. Click

Charles Nungester
petey (Offline)
  #19 2/20/11 1:40 PM
Hate hearing this. Fla. seems to be bad about this. I remember hearing a few years back about a person(s) raiding some rigs at East Bay during the Winter Nats.

Best way to go about it is lock up your rigs esp. if there is not an abundance of security around. I know this wouldn't happen at a track like Haubstadt. Tommy's got his guys all around that place. Best of luck on getting your stuff back Mrs. Stockon.
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #20 2/20/11 4:15 PM
I'm amazed that it doesn't happen more often than it does.
Posted via Mobile Device