IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
trecraft (Offline)
  #11 10/15/15 2:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bill May:
to the naysayers, have you priced fishing tackle or golf equipment lately? or if you choose to just stay home and watch TV, there's the every increasing cable charge, racing costs money, complaining about it, not so much, it's your choice, keeps these message boards interesting.

Bill May
The fish don't bother me and I don't bother them. My hand me down golf bag from my father is in the shed. We got the cable bill cut back.
4x (Offline)
  #12 10/15/15 3:42 PM
16 is the minimum age unless the kid is Emancipated.
captrat (Offline)
  #13 10/15/15 4:21 PM
Just curious. If your premier division is non-wing, why is Race Saver a wing car? Not a criticism.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, mowerman, Stephen Cording
fish (Offline)
  #14 10/15/15 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by trecraft:
This is our fourth year with a Racesaver engine, the same one with a little freshen. The four years were made possible in addition to other things by no tire rule, no membership fees, no registration fees and a lot of maintenance by the driver/ mechanic. But there are times now when certain people think affordable doesn't apply to the participants. So we just take one year at a time.
So did you run any Racesaver sprints at Bloomington?

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
Bill May (Offline)
  #15 10/15/15 5:36 PM
fish, I suspect he's a pa or wva person racing non-Racesaver tracks over there. I have sold parts to a few racers there racing 305's, not racesaver, but similar.

Bill May
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
trecraft (Offline)
  #16 10/15/15 5:55 PM
No. Over the years have only owned limited winged 360's and winged Racesaver 305's. Love Kokomo, Gas City, Eldora and USAC in general but really don't think I could be a non wing owner nor a 410 owner, winged or non wing. Have helped some 410 teams in the past but helping is not the same as owning. Saw a nice 360 division disappear and don't want to see the same thing happen to the 305's.
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #17 10/15/15 6:45 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Just curious. If your premier division is non-wing, why is Race Saver a wing car? Not a criticism.
Not sure, but I do know that a wing car is easier to drive and keep straight than non wing. Also, I beleive the RACESAVER car started out east (PA?) and there's nothing but winged stuff out there. But I'm guessing the simple fact that it's a good place for beginners to start, that they decide to run wing. (Safety and control)
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #18 10/15/15 7:08 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
To distinguish between the two classes to the casual fan.

Jim Gardner
Bloomington Speedway (Offline)
  #19 10/15/15 7:20 PM
If drivers are under 16 they need to speak with the track and RaceSaver regional representative about racing experience to get approval. There is a younger driver in our area that raced the Bloomington RaceSaver this year that moved up from minisprints.

2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #20 10/15/15 8:13 PM
I totally disagree on a Winged car being easier to drive than a Non-Winged car!! A winged car, you do drive much straighter, but you are going way faster too! There is a different style to both and I love to drive both for sure! They both take skill and finesse.
5 Likes: fish, jim goerge, Puppy, red22, sprint38racer