IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley Sets Prelude Record
6/5/08, 10:56 AM   #11
Re: Yeley Sets Prelude Record

make the ppv better, show the support classes. Even if the announcer do not know anything about the support classes (they didn't know much about the late models ) I would rather watch the support classes AND listen to them talk about victory junction, rather than watch the 3 announcers talk about victory junction camp and listen to the race cars in the back ground. Did the 3 announcer even look at the camera during that segment? I liked the idea of the paper veiw, but don't bore me 3 announcers talking about something while looking down. And yes i understand it took the teams a while to fix the cars after the heats.

6/5/08, 12:14 PM   #12
JakeCroxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
STEVE BEITLER????
Dale Beitler from Pennsylvania.

6/5/08, 12:28 PM   #13
purvis

Don't know how it looked on TV, but the racing all night was great. Smoke kinda messed up the racing at the front but behind him things were spectacular with racing going 4 wide at times.

The support classes did put on a great show, would have been a good show for TV.

The track announcer and the TV broadcast coming through the PA at the same time was a bit annoying, but it was sometimes good because TV pointed out something that was not mentioned by the track announcer.

The idea that everyone turn right of any parking lot they are exiting did not make sense. We were parked in the lot to the west of the track on the north end, if we had turned right while exiting we would have driven back toward the track into traffic leaving the track. The idea was good but like all things needs some tweaking.

Also on the leaving the track topic, traffic needs to be directed away from the main gates. Last night as I was walking across the street with my daughter a guy in a full size Chevy truck decided to go bowling for pedestrians while he was driving toward the main gate. I was struck by his truck. Luckily my daughter who was not hit and I were not injured, though I did hear a large pop and a crack from his grill.

Great show, great time, love the seats we were given. Keep it up Tony.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Yeley Sets Prelude Record