IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and the $100.00 hold back
9/24/12, 6:46 PM   #11
Re: USAC and the $100.00 hold back
barny oldfeller

damn expensive torlit paper i'd say

2 members like this post: cmakin, El1teBr33ze
9/24/12, 8:18 PM   #12
Sprintfan1985

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney View Post
I understand if this was in Indiana and you haveto chance to run more races but when you go out of your area and need local cars common sense should apply.When the WOO comes to Canada their waive the membership you get free p[it passes and full pay.How many teams from MI could follow the USAC series.USAC had 10 regulars at Hartford With out locals it would be hard pressed to put on a show Fans want to see a full field
The WOO also have a much bigger financial backing compared to usac. It could be a lot worse and they could keep more. Its only fair for the guys that paid for that membership

9/24/12, 9:39 PM   #13
HurstBros0

Please don`t let the 100 be your deterrent to not go if you really want to race... Every race you miss is one you won`t get back. Besides , everyone who owns a sprint car should try a USAC sanctioned event once in their life. Just to get to know the officials , admire their professional appearance and their special attention to the local drivers issues will offset the 100 dollar penance incurred in your winnings. Winnings will be a check mailed to you a week after the show , so make sure you have truck fuel money for the ride home. I`ve never had them make a mistake with our pay , so I don`t know what recourse a guy would have if that happened. Who knows ?... It may be something you enjoy and over the winter you will decide to get the 2013 membership. Have fun what ever you decide .

4 members like this post: billwill7, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, mowerman
9/24/12, 9:42 PM   #14
duel

I'm happy I-96 is going out on a limb and running this show. It's only an hour away for me except for I will be coming from Terre Haute. I think some of the MTS guys would be happy to make the show and collect 4 or 5 hundred or more. I just hope we get it in and there is a good crowd.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
9/25/12, 6:30 AM   #15
treecitytornado

Dan, Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm? LMAO!

J.T.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/25/12, 7:52 AM   #16
wvwildthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstbros0 View Post
please don`t let the 100 be your deterrent to not go if you really want to race... Every race you miss is one you won`t get back. Besides , everyone who owns a sprint car should try a usac sanctioned event once in their life. Just to get to know the officials , admire their professional appearance and their special attention to the local drivers issues will offset the 100 dollar penance incurred in your winnings. Winnings will be a check mailed to you a week after the show , so make sure you have truck fuel money for the ride home. I`ve never had them make a mistake with our pay , so i don`t know what recourse a guy would have if that happened. Who knows ?... It may be something you enjoy and over the winter you will decide to get the 2013 membership. Have fun what ever you decide .
you smokin crack??? Usac will stick it to ya every chance they get!!!

---------- Post added at 7:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvwildthg View Post
you smokin crack??? Usac will stick it to ya every chance they get!!!
2 phone calls and 3 weeks later youll get your pay out!!!

2 members like this post: Morgan7m, MWestfallfan54
9/25/12, 10:01 AM   #17
koolaid89

The most MTS pays to start is $250 so they stand to come out at least $150 ahead if they decide to sack up and run 96... It should be a great show either way...

1 member likes this post: duel
9/25/12, 11:58 AM   #18
Josh Spencer

This is why you only see regulars at the U.S.A.C shows and the locals tend to stay away. Why should you punish the drivers who are putting on the show for the fans? The top teams will not be around U.S.A.C. forever and then who will replace them?

Josh Spencer

1 member likes this post:
9/25/12, 1:16 PM   #19
darnall

I always thought the reason you purchased an annual membership was so you would be eligible for point fund money & contingency prizes, not forced into paying elevated pit pass costs, and to be covered by USAC insurance..had no idea it was to be able to earn the advertised purse.

2 members like this post: koolaid89, spicoli
9/25/12, 1:57 PM   #20
8000RPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mahoney View Post
Can some one explain why you buy a TP from USAC and then have $100.00 taken out fo your pay off.
I heard the other day they use that money for USAC managment's Christmas bonus,and Christmas party.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC and the $100.00 hold back