IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC eastern swing
5/25/10, 1:46 PM   #11
Re: USAC eastern swing
DiamondDog

Thats a nice list shaping up for the Eastern Swing....Lookin' forward to seeing Armstrong and this kid Justin Grant come in this year....Kinda stinks to not see the names of Hagen (I know mostly midgets this year), Ballou and now Bud Kaeding on that list....There was a entry list a couple of weeks back and it had Kaeding on it, also Hockett I believe (his site never had the swing on it though)....Just find it hard to believe with Ballou 4th in points I believe, he isn't making the trip in, many of us here in the East really hope he changes his mind QUICKLY, and we see him here next week....Is anyone in the Yeley car this year,last year they put Kevin Swindell in it for the swing, I figured you guys would know what the deal is with that ride for 2010.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

I meant to say Hagen, Ballou and now Kaeding NOT on the pre entry list, lol.

5/25/10, 4:39 PM   #12
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98arpy View Post
Since they don't have a Saturday night show, there should be a bunch of cars at Waynesfield for the rescheduled "Road to the Jack Hewitt Classic" presented by Hoosier, series event.
I think it is paying $1,500 to win.
Gas City is running their rescheduled series event this Friday.
When will the April 24 Eldora rain out of the "Road to the Hewitt Classic" be rescheduled?
Also, can the point fund breakdown (presented by Hoosier) be posted ... please ...
Thank you

5/25/10, 6:29 PM   #13
bmemmer

petey dont count on it i heard a rumor that most of the guys arent coming back and most of the guys arent coming this up coming weekend either do to the threat of tearing things up. i wish they were coming for both races!!! but on the good side is there is still plenty of good cars out there!

5/26/10, 10:19 AM   #14
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'm so looking forward to next Wednesday at Lincoln. Sure wish more locals were running, but I'll take what ever I get and be darn happy. With ARDC on the card should see 50+ wingless cars in action.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I picked this up off the South Jersey site.

URC Sprint Driver Jonathan Swanson Plans 6 Races In 8 Days

Yardville, NJ -- After a strong start to his 2010 season, URC Sprint car driver Jonathan Swanson is looking forward to his biggest challenge yet, running six races in eight days. From May 29 to June 5, Jonathan will be running four URC shows including the prestigious Williams Grove Nationals while trying his hand at something new by running two USAC wingless sprint car races at Grandview and New Egypt Speedways.

5/26/10, 10:35 AM   #15
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Zirzow View Post
Anymore news yet?
Yeah Fred!!....its in da wind...that you're headin that way!!....eh!!....

5/30/10, 2:12 PM   #16
Kirk Spridgeon

So far, here's who has entered:
2B Bryan Clauson
4 Tracy Hines
6 Bill Rose
7 Caleb Armstrong
11 Chris Windom
11w Ricky Williams
17 Shane Hmiel
17R Kyle Robbins
20 Levi Jones
24 Landon Simon
32 Chase Stockon
39 Dave Darland
67 Henry Clarke
69 Jerry Coons, Jr.
71 Damion Gardner
98 J.C. Bland

Unfortunately, two cars were taken from the list when Justin Grant flipped at Terre Haute and Matt Westfall had problems at Gas City. Also, Russ Harper experienced engine problems and had to call off the trip.

A couple guys are supposed to let me know this evening if they are in or not for next week. Had hoped for 20, but it looks like that might not happen now. Still expecting 18 or so to go, though...

1 member likes this post: berks co
5/30/10, 6:17 PM   #17
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

It really is too bad guys like Shane Cottle, Jon Stanbrough, and Robert Ballou aren't making the trip. That's one of the downfalls of USAC. They need to convince these guys to stay with the entire series. Even Dave Darland was a question mark early on.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/10, 8:53 PM   #18
AlkyMadness

This has convinced me that I need to go. With only 16 cars committed, this might be the last eastern swing and I really want to see the non wing at Lincoln again.

I'll probably skip Grandview unless the forecast improves a lot by this time tomorrow. If that show is rained out, they should run it on Saturday.

Looking forward to the ARDC midgets and my first trip to New Egypt.

5/30/10, 9:07 PM   #19
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

I'm still holding out hope that USAC will have the silver crown and sprints at Williams Grove along with a USAC/ARDC midget race.
Posted via Mobile Device

5/31/10, 10:51 AM   #20
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
So far, here's who has entered:
2B Bryan Clauson
4 Tracy Hines
6 Bill Rose
7 Caleb Armstrong
11 Chris Windom
11w Ricky Williams
17 Shane Hmiel
17R Kyle Robbins
20 Levi Jones
24 Landon Simon
32 Chase Stockon
39 Dave Darland
67 Henry Clarke
69 Jerry Coons, Jr.
71 Damion Gardner
98 J.C. Bland

Unfortunately, two cars were taken from the list when Justin Grant flipped at Terre Haute and Matt Westfall had problems at Gas City. Also, Russ Harper experienced engine problems and had to call off the trip.

A couple guys are supposed to let me know this evening if they are in or not for next week. Had hoped for 20, but it looks like that might not happen now. Still expecting 18 or so to go, though...
Spridge, can you add any to your list above or is that about the final count......

CTtoPA, I wish the fans of PA could see what we see when we travel to Indiana or the PAS in Cali. It would be awesome to have Cottle, Stanbrough, Ballou, Hunter, Fitzpatrick, Memmer, Bland Jr ect. ect....And it would be really cool to add, Spencer, Tony Jones, Ricky Gaunt, Kruseman, Sheridan, Ford, Blake Miller, ect. ect to tha Eastern Swing list...But Pennsylvania is just to far outta the way...

OOOO well, it should still be great racing as Kokomo showed last night with a 12 or 13 car count....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC eastern swing