IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Pavement Midget Racing Series FormsLa
8/1/16, 3:47 PM   #11
Re: New Pavement Midget Racing Series FormsLa
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
We will be allowing restricter with the national engines. There will be rules published soon. It is our goal to keep the cost down and to make all cars equally competitive.
Jay
I'm sure your goal is the same one all small show promotors have. Now if only the racers would cooperate and stay within the context of the rules and race for fun you'll have something.
One thing that will slow up a fast car on pavement is harder tires.
Just my opinion but a national engine with a restricter is still a national engine, fast. That being said I'd definitely welcome them and everyone that's interested with open arms. Racing for just the fun of it is, well fun.
I sold my speedwaybike and minisprint just recently and quit racing after being involved forever. At first I felt lost. We bought a Dyna Glide Harley, time to act old. The same afternoon I got it me and the boy took a hacksaw to her and started hacking. She lost a bunch of weight and moves pretty good for a fat girl. The same night I was on the interweb checking out where I could drag race it. About an hour later, yep we're going drag racing. I just got done installing a set of drag bars and next Friday is our first race. I'm so excited, everyone should feel the excitement of going racing at least once.
This is also a good excited, not a speedwaybike feel like I might puke before the races scary kinda fun.
Anyhow my point is Jay has the right idea, once you race for anything but pure fun it might as well be a job.

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
8/1/16, 5:25 PM   #12
Re: New Pavement Midget Racing Series FormsLa
Avon Open Wheel fan

For this season we have made the decision to go with the name of the two series that have combined to make this new pavement series. The ILLINI/Midwest Pavement Midget Series

www.illinimidgets.com

2 members like this post: Backitin, jdull99
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Pavement Midget Racing Series FormsLa