IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #11 8/16/15 2:17 AM
So someone knows the exact injury and cure and takes a jab at religion in the process.

A little Prayer couldn't hurt. Bless you and Prayers for Kevin and his Doctors for the best outcome possible.

Charles Nungester
12 Likes: AustinSprinter, Bostonian, Flatrightrear, Indy1808, mc/rider, PJ Wright, Racer1039, RACrappieman, rapid robert, scottyCbus, team3521, TNRustler
team3521 (Offline)
  #12 8/16/15 4:07 PM
Hopefully he'll be ok.
team3521 (Offline)
  #13 8/16/15 4:09 PM
Originally Posted by cj11l:
How the heck would you know. I don't post often, but statements like this based on nothing are just plain wrong. Maybe prayer would work better
Absolutely!
6 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Charles Nungester, Flatrightrear, ISF, Jerry Shaw, racegal
team3521 (Offline)
  #14 8/17/15 2:13 PM
Any word on how the surgery went this am?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #15 8/17/15 5:57 PM
Sammy tweeted 30 min. ago that Kevin's surgery went well. He had two fractures in his back and a spinal cord injury that is also being monitored. Sammy said Kevin may be released Friday and then it is on to Stage Two in his treatment. Also said it will be a long road but Kevin is doing well mentally and is anxious to start rehab.
14 Likes: Bobv, bowbuild, davidm, dirtball, i love dirt track racing, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, scottyCbus, team3521, tubemaster, WinglessLovers
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #16 8/17/15 6:18 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Swindell clan as Kevin will need plenty of support in his recovery. Our best wishes to Kevin, his wife and child along with Sammy and Amy. May God place his healing hands upon Kevin and bring him back to good health in his time. God Bless you, Kevin, and keep your attitude up as that is a very important aspect of recovery from any injury.

Bruce and Pat Eckel
10 Likes: Flatrightrear, i love dirt track racing, illinifan, Indy1808, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racegal, Racer_dude35, tubemaster
2140rc (Offline)
  #17 8/17/15 7:49 PM
Candi Buckley (Offline)
  #18 8/17/15 9:17 PM
He came through his surgery today and has 2 fractures & a spinal cord injury. That is all they have said today!
Morin Racing 98 (Offline)
  #19 8/17/15 11:09 PM
Can somebody please post what broke on his car or what caused his injuries so other car owners might address this issue. I heard it was the rear end and driveline going through the seat? Or hitting the back of the seat?

Sorry if this information is posted elsewhere on this board, but I couldn't find it.
hoscalecody (Offline)
  #20 8/17/15 11:52 PM
I was told the injury was possibly caused from landing flat on the rails and causing his back and spinal cord to break. If that's correct I think 802 Solutions came up with a insert called "The Crash Pad" you put in bottom of your seat to reduce Spinal Cord injuries.