IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ossuks (Offline)
  #11 4/12/19 1:26 PM
Some guy I think his last name was Black had a Subaru, maybe Jimmy Kite drove it a time or two, maybe Eric Gordon, and maybe I am so old I am just making things up in my head?
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, hairracer44, jdull99, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Lemire (Offline)
  #12 4/12/19 1:26 PM
Because its easy to just be like everyone else but I want to be different and I want to change the game. The blood sweat and tears are worth it every time someone comes up to the car.
Lemire (Offline)
  #13 4/12/19 1:31 PM
Not sure how legal it’s going to be yet with usac. But we are racing with our local midget group BCRA and they don’t have one issue with it. But I will spend every last dollar to make it out to chili bowl this year that’s a given
2 Likes: interpreter66, superstock30
kinser (Offline)
  #14 4/12/19 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
Some guy I think his last name was Black had a Subaru, maybe Jimmy Kite drove it a time or two, maybe Eric Gordon, and maybe I am so old I am just making things up in my head?
You are correct. Tom Hooker built the engines for it. Eric did drive it a few times.
3 Likes: hairracer44, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #15 4/12/19 2:56 PM
Didn't Jerry Covington have a Subaru in one of his midgets, boy that was a few years back! I'm like the other guy, I don't really remember, just wish I did! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
badcoupe (Offline)
  #16 4/12/19 3:07 PM
Seems like maybe there was a Subaru entry at the rca dome races when I was very young. Kudos to the builder on this project. EFI is legal In USAC some of the Esslingers and Toyotas use it.
Blackduce (Offline)
  #17 4/13/19 2:37 AM
Dennis Miller from Galveston, In. who was a machinist at Delco. Built a Subaru engine
and ran it in a USAC midget for a few
years off and on. He really enjoyed
it and was pretty proud. I think this was
over 25 years ago.

Lynn
5 Likes: Geoff Kaiser, Hammer, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, Tony74
Hammer (Offline)
  #18 4/13/19 9:18 AM
Lynn you're correct, Denny did build one and run it. Denny passed years ago and I'm not sure what ever became of his stuff. He was very crafty and also built some cars and manufactured racecar parts.
jdull99 (Offline)
  #19 4/13/19 10:56 AM
HoF Legend Kevin Olson drove part of the 1990 USAC season with a Subaru for John Black (KO's book "Cages are for Monkeys" sez they had a Cosworth installed later in the season). - pg 137....I haven't read the whole book, but just looked up this part. lol

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Beinthecircle (Offline)
  #20 4/13/19 10:10 PM
Chili Bowl was 3 months ago. Might be better off with next years. Don’t forget a truck, trailer, car, parts, etc. I’m not your Dad, but you’re spending every dollar you have to go out to a race that won’t cover 5% of your cost, even if you win the whole thing. I’m all about your hustle, but if someone wants 1 of your motors, they want it soon, not in 2-3-4-5 years. You’re in a big money pit right now, I hope you understand this. 1,000 cars, eh? You have a dealer’s license?