IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shuman?
1/13/08, 9:45 PM   #11
Re: Shuman?
NEDAPSH

His tire looked the same as if you had olly 3 pounds of air in it. No big deal on the left side.. Let him race.

1/13/08, 10:02 PM   #12
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

OK we watched the replay and its the same thing...well almost the same thing that happened to me at the shootout.

Right as the leader goes bye the finish line they would throw the yellow and from what we can understand they go by the last completed lap for everyone else. Well with Ron even though the guy behind made it. He was ahead of him by maybe a foot or so going accross the finish line coming to the white flag. So as long as you finished the race. You got the position you had coming to the white flag. So thats the only way we can see that shuman didnt make it.

1/13/08, 10:46 PM   #13
Sprint63122

They said the tire was flat you would think they could see if clearly but maybe not who knows these days but I have personaly seen a few of these take place at the races I was at and still do not know why they try to stay out there for the reasons I already stated, maybe someone has a picture of the car from the chili bowl then saturday night as it was at the time of this action.

1/13/08, 10:53 PM   #14
Hawker

I sit 5 rows up in turn 1. The tire was not completly flat, matter of fact, he was pulling away from 3rd place and easily took 2nd. I lost count, but there were one or two restarts with no change in the tire pressure without them black flagging him. It was total BS. Also, if I were Casey, I would have decked Yockey afterwards too for his stunt...

1/13/08, 11:35 PM   #15
zeroracer

I know the chilibowl has a flat tire rule except for the left front..... but the LR being a danger common???? Is that a joke???

I remember at the end of 05 Casey either won or ran second in barnhill's car at kokomo with a flat LR.... so it cant hurt that bad

1/13/08, 11:47 PM   #16
Dano959

I saw a winged 410 win a WoO Gumout race with a flat LR, including a green, white, checker re-start after it was completly flat.......

1/14/08, 12:09 AM   #17
GFMMInc

Only flat's on the right side should be considered a danger. You can ride out a left rear flat unless it blows the bead on the rim. Plus like it was stated, the left rear was not totally down. I say he was just excited to have more left rear bite is all.

To be honest. I thought they were throwing him the black flag for the damn header sticking out past the battle bars then the low tire.

Let him race. There was a car there before that came off the track with damn radius rod dragging the ground before when I was there in 05. It completely pulled the rod end threads out and was dangling off the car And they still let that car race.

Overall though. A great show and a good job with our local talent representing us Hoosiers proudly at the Bowl.

1/14/08, 12:13 AM   #18
zeroracer

I agree. I taped it with a friend and we didnt think it looked flat, the header was way out there, maybe the announcers were wrong unless thats what they told shu, if the officials said it was a flat LR looks like he got the shaft

1/14/08, 12:23 AM   #19
GFMMInc

From my understanding they say the black was for the tire. Header was a non issue in their eyes.

1/14/08, 12:24 AM   #20
zeroracer

Thats crazy...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shuman?