IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy...Chili Bowl..
1/10/11, 10:28 PM   #11
Re: Sammy...Chili Bowl..
never lift

I think Sammy has always been like that when working on his car... Last year I was watching him work on the car and in the middle of setting up his car he pushed it so nobody could see what he was exactly doing to the car. I honestly thought that was a little wierd.

1/10/11, 10:31 PM   #12
lilrim

They were quick to cover it up because they didn't want all the led shot to pour out of the frame...or he would of never made it across the scales! Motor to big.....hmm i think if you check under kevins hood it's that ESSLINGER sealed motor that puts out roughly 340 CI.. That same motor is going to run up front at LUCAS OIL RACEWAY in May which is a USAC race.

1/10/11, 10:47 PM   #13
racephoto1

Lil Rim I hope you mean 340HP, because 340ci is the biggest 4 banger I
will see in a midget.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/10/11, 10:55 PM   #14
DMS11

No way Chuck! I heard you made Sammy a carbon fiber chassis painted to look like chromoly. 340 hp give me a break. I hear its a 440 HP Esslinger disguised to look like their spec engine. Horsepower is a HUGE advantage at the chili bowl. I figured yours knew that.
Posted via Mobile Device

1/10/11, 11:39 PM   #15
IBRACN

Who cares if that car can't run anywhere else...it only runs at the Chili Bowl....he is racing it at the Chili Bowl and it is legal to run at the Chili Bowl so what is the big deal. Everyone has the same rules at the Chili Bowl.

2 members like this post: koolaid89, Russ
1/10/11, 11:47 PM   #16
Onlydirt

Sammy has always known what to take advantage of when it comes to building or setn up. I love the square tanks they look fast sitting still.

1/10/11, 11:52 PM   #17
Hawker

The number I heard from someone close to Sammy is 732#...

1/11/11, 12:31 AM   #18
c47

weigh bondios cars and then see if sammys cars are that big of a deal.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/11/11, 1:53 AM   #19
SprintRacer4

You guys are complaining that he hides what he does to his race cars!?! Wouldn't you keep everything a secret if you dominated the biggest race of the year too??? And who cares how "illegal" those cars are, they are CHILI BOWL ONLY cars. Meaning no rules of any kind, run what ya brung. The only "rules" at Chili Bowl are that you have to use a muffler & you have to run their fuel. I know for a fact those are not sealed Esslingers & I also know for a fact how much Andy Bondio's cars weigh & from good connections I've heard how much Sammy's cars are & Bondio still has 'em beat. But obviously that doesnt matter, you can have the lightest car in the world & the most horsepower but if it can't get ahold of the racetrack & if it isn't driveable what good does all that do!? Sammy is the best in the business at building cars exactly how he likes them & making them work very well, the guy is a master at setting up a racecar. So are you all whining about him building cars for one race a year because he kicks everyone's ass every year? Because they are quite a few guys out there that have Chili Bowl only cars but I don't see their names on this message board

6 members like this post: badgerfan, buckshot3448, chrismattlin, Hawker, sc96, spicoli
1/11/11, 3:42 AM   #20
buckshot3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintRacer4 View Post
You guys are complaining that he hides what he does to his race cars!?! Wouldn't you keep everything a secret if you dominated the biggest race of the year too??? And who cares how "illegal" those cars are, they are CHILI BOWL ONLY cars. Meaning no rules of any kind, run what ya brung. The only "rules" at Chili Bowl are that you have to use a muffler & you have to run their fuel. I know for a fact those are not sealed Esslingers & I also know for a fact how much Andy Bondio's cars weigh & from good connections I've heard how much Sammy's cars are & Bondio still has 'em beat. But obviously that doesnt matter, you can have the lightest car in the world & the most horsepower but if it can't get ahold of the racetrack & if it isn't driveable what good does all that do!? Sammy is the best in the business at building cars exactly how he likes them & making them work very well, the guy is a master at setting up a racecar. So are you all whining about him building cars for one race a year because he kicks everyone's ass every year? Because they are quite a few guys out there that have Chili Bowl only cars but I don't see their names on this message board
couldnt agree more. its the chili bowl this is how its always been. guys tried usuing the bicycle wheels for awhile and there plenty of other things that have been tried. untill they decide to lay out rules and tech this is how its going to be its the same way with the shootout every year someone complains that there running a big motor and this and that so what. i give them props for thinking outside the box and trying something different.

1 member likes this post: SprintRacer4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy...Chili Bowl..