IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Bettenhausen 100 thoughts and comments!
8/23/09, 7:56 PM   #11
Re: Tony Bettenhausen 100 thoughts and comments!
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwbackracingteam View Post
so mhess, was your post sarcastic or not, i sure hope it was. Fans getting hit by dirt?, not an adequate fence? Excuses excuses! The fence is extremely inadequate down the front strech, dont' you or usac care about a car getting into the stands? I'd be more worried about that then one fan standing (illegally) in a random spot in the turn getting hit! I'm sick of hearing people make excuses for how crappy sargent promotes (none) and prepares (none) the track! I had a great time in springfield yesterday and already am looking forward to next year, but there won't be too many more years if something isn't done. It's people like you that just accept things and don't stick up for yourselves that are part of the problem. You're a racer right? You actually like running on a one groove track? And you must have a short memory if you think springfield never had two grooves. Wouldn't you like to see the promoter at least try to make a racey surface? Sure it wasn't three wide with a heavy cushion every year but at least they didn't try to take the cushion away then like they do now. And you actually don't need a full cushion to have two grooves. If enough guys run up there early and the cushion fades then there is a chance enough rubber was laid in the meantime and a groove appears in the middle of the track! Just ask johnnie parsons, kenny jacobs, steve chassey, pancho carter, jack hewitt, ask them if springfield never had two grooves. These days a guy like parsons and hewitt (who was never a good qualifier) would never have been able to battle his way up through the pack like i've seen them do so many times in the past. No one is talking about running on the fence, which in 30 years of going we have never really seen anyway! You run at angel park right? Do the fan s in turn one complain about getting pelted with dirt all night???? You guys act like sc should resemble indy car racing or something, if i want to see follow the leader one groove racing i'll drive the 1 1/2 hrs to newton for the indy cars (which i have done 3 times). Those are the races were all the other things besides the race are kinda cool and worth going to (i.e. Blue oyster cult concert two years ago after the race). When i go to springfield i want to see the neatest, most prestigous and exciting cars racing on my all-time favorite track!

-joe stroehle
its a big one lane parade! That happens when you run steamroller 20" wide tires and 18" wide wheels! Can you remember rooster tales a cushion broadsliding not anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 8/23/09 at 7:57 PM.

8/24/09, 12:12 PM   #12
Re: Tony Bettenhausen 100 thoughts and comments!
dawsonb

Overall I was pretty disapointed. Sargent and USAC have some major work to do. No fuel truck? No tech inspection? Sunday runnning sportsman cars on a mile with no inspection? Payouts? Twenty-five dollars to get into the stands and most literature printed stated twenty. Fortunatly they had 27 great teams to race. Beechlers run was fun to watch.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Bettenhausen 100 thoughts and comments!