IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your thoughts on Bristol
4/23/21, 7:23 PM   #11
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Sammy, is the Grand Marshall, but sure wish he was in Kevin's car or some other nice piece of equipment
Bottom line, I don't think Sammy, has to worry one bit about his 13.860, Track Record, if they don't get anymore moisture in it, than tonight. Blowing dust & slick in the 1st Hot Lap Session!
I'm truly glad, they are back, but hoping they work on the track hard tonight & Tomorrow, to see what 900 Plus Horsepower can really do!

As far as safety, Chuck's right! They raced there 20 Years ago, plus they ran the Indy Mile, Syracuse, & Springfield Mile up until the 90s. Last Year of Indy was the Inaugural U.S. Dirt Nationals in 1992, Sammy Won the Twin 20 Lappers, the last race at Syracuse was 1994, & last race at Springfield was 1998, when Sammy set the All-time Dirt Speed Record of over 150mph, average lap. 😁
I’d say Sammy did have to worry Gravel went 13.678

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, fish, jim goerge, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan
4/24/21, 11:09 AM   #12
Re: Your thoughts on Bristol
Bostonian

The #97 Super that ran there on asphalt was the team I helped crew until life got in the way! As we say around here. They were Wicked Fast!!!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/24/21, 2:04 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seems the race was better than some expected. From the Highlights. If it wasn't for Gravel having clean air the last couple laps due to a caution. He might not have won. There was a lot of fans there.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing
4/26/21, 9:12 AM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
I’d say Sammy did have to worry Gravel went 13.678
I’d say all of the rain Saturday played a huge role in the NTR.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
4/26/21, 9:25 AM   #15
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I’d say all of the rain Saturday played a huge role in the NTR.
That was on Friday night and he was actually faster in his second lap. But the record was broken again yesterday. Hafertepe went 13.326 yesterday
Last edited by kinser; 4/26/21 at 9:26 AM.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/26/21, 11:06 AM   #16
Pat O'Connor Fan

from the first post in this thread:
So if there are genuine concerns about safety, why do it? I’ve given my theory, what do you think?

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I concur totally. So why do it?
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 4/26/21 at 11:08 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
4/26/21, 4:34 PM   #17
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
from the first post in this thread:
So if there are genuine concerns about safety, why do it? I’ve given my theory, what do you think?

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I concur totally. So why do it?
I "tried" to watch it all, what I got to see wasn't great, but then just throwing money at something doesn't make it good, or better even, I'm from the age when they ran dirt, sand, on the beach, I came home sore as any driver, but it was the thing to do, then! Lot has transpired since then, there are real dirt tracks out there, but they can't pack in the buns they can at Bristol, I even went to Nashville, that's a short track, paved, up close and personal, I saw a video the other night when a driver hit one of the Euke tires trying to get on pit road, that's the day I was there, it did it's job, but I bet the driver hurt for a while. I guess I'm just not the kind of viewer they're looking for, a friend of mine was a car owner back in the days when they ran 2 dirt shows every season, he was not fun to be around during that time. I doubt it will be worth it for the owners, or drivers, but throw the money and see how the wind blows.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Your thoughts on Bristol