IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Must SC Have Steel Blocks?
3/26/09, 8:20 AM   #11
Re: Why Must SC Have Steel Blocks?
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
To go along with SUPERDUKE on this is the number of 4 bolt steel blocks out there is huge. Also a 410 would never make 100 miles on 1 tank of fuel. A silvercrown motor on pavement should be able to run with a 410 sprint motor. Not sure about dirt.
I really appreciate all the input guys.

So if my calculations (:O are correct, a 410 in an SC car with a 75 gallon fuel tank would have to get more than 1.33 MPG in a 100 mile race, right? Is it possible to resrict injector inlet size or use a rev limiter (for better fuel mileage and extended engine life) so a 410 would work in a SC car? In other words (I know it's a bad word), but it would be sort of an "equivalency" formula that you could run either engine in an SC car?

Thanks.

3/26/09, 12:01 PM   #12
Re: Why Must SC Have Steel Blocks?
wbr

Careful what you wish for, you know how compromise works in ********. Since half of you want a 410 and half of you want a 355, the new engine compromise would be a 383. Now that would make everyone (NOBODY) happy.:O:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Must SC Have Steel Blocks?