IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #171 7/29/14 5:54 AM
Just a little Add, I guess I was lucky to meet him and tell him appreciated his efforts in person and on the site while he was still here. To which he was humble. Actually met Shonda a year before that as she was on the main stand side and Bill was gas man, wrench and Brians Butt kicker in the pitts She is extremely nice as well and I wish her and Brian much comfort in this difficult time.

I participated in many of the ideals like the IOW awards. Donated to the site back when advertising wasn't a income stream. And bought T shirts both times they were offered. The first ones were back in 08 and were front logo only. But i got two and wore em out. One track even had a Wear IOW gear day, get in free. Now that was cool. LBURG

Bill was steady, Lax when things were heated but seemed to know when and how to drop the hammer on enforcement. He was also very helpful. Some of the things he helped me with were from his Hospital room this month. He didn't want the attention, but did like the friendships and people he met. It was only recently when he posted things like Unbearable pain and others posted, not looking good that I knew it was a real possibility.

Missed? Thats a word. I think Bill became part of many of us in some way, Even many that never met him. Like others have said. I've met people from probably 35 states and five countries off this site in person.

Knowing he's no longer suffering or in pain is a comfort. Knowing he never gave up, A Inspiration, Knowing We'll meet again, A point of Focus.

Thanks Bill, Think I've said all I can say, And again, Prayers to all famly and close friends.

Charles Nungester
13 Likes: Dannypollock24, davidm, EPSpeed, FishBurger, IndyBound, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, Mud Packer, OTSNWR, racing2bwithu2, SlingShock
Coach (Offline)
  #172 7/29/14 6:39 AM
RIP BIll Gardner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #173 7/29/14 7:13 AM
R.I.P. Bill

When in doubt Gas It
photoman (Offline)
  #174 7/29/14 7:34 AM
R.I.P Bill - Third Turn Photos
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #175 7/29/14 7:40 AM
RIP, Bill. Anyone who reads/posts on this site owes a big thank you to Bill. I'm glad I was able to talk to him a few times over the years. Now you can watch all the racing you want, whenever you want.
2 Likes: Jerry Shaw, jim goerge
Tief (Offline)
  #176 7/29/14 7:57 AM
I've never met or even conversed with Bill but I feel the loss all the same.

Stewart Scott recently said, "When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you lived, why you lived and in the manner in which you lived." If that is true then Bill is certainly a winner.
12 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirt330, FishBurger, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, koolaid89, mc/rider, mtek56, OTSNWR, racephoto1, suskybass, team3521
racing2bwithu2 (Offline)
  #177 7/29/14 8:06 AM
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with the Family and Friends. R.I.P. Bill. Lloyd & Gail
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, gail s
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #178 7/29/14 8:18 AM
RIP Bill. I never had the pleasure of meeting you. But, through this terrific web site, you felt like an old friend. You were such an inspiration for so many and will be missed dearly.
Ed

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
3 Likes: FishBurger, Jerry Shaw, mc/rider
scottfor410 (Offline)
  #179 7/29/14 8:21 AM
The lesson of the present is deep and significant. Our heads are bowed in sorrow,our hearts heavy with grief,and our own shortcomings are reawakened. Bill may you rest in peace.

Scott Combs
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Jerry Shaw
team3521 (Offline)
  #180 7/29/14 10:31 AM
I'm really sad to read this...We all have to go someday, but Bill went way too early for any of us on this board that cared about him. But, he's in a much better place now with no more suffering.

I never got to meet him, but I appreciate his effort that he put into the best racing site of the internet.

I'm very sorry for your loss Brian and Bills family...

I'll keep you all in my prayers.