IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #171 7/4/11 12:33 AM
Oh now.... It couldn't have been that bad. Wow, those are some ugly photos and video.

2 Likes: Dannypollock24, dirtnonwingfan
dirttrackfan (Offline)
  #172 7/4/11 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan:
This is right on the money. There just is not enough time to fix this mess before sprint week. Moving it to Putnamville would be a smart and logical move. It would only cause more damage to have another show like they had today. I think it would at least show the fans that USAC is trying to do the right thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Oh now.... It couldn't have been that bad. Wow, those are some ugly photos and video.
A picture is worth a thousand words!!! Vote Putnamville for sprint week!!!
; )
Posted via Mobile Device
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #173 7/4/11 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Bill,

As you can see, you can't see a thing.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
TCreech31 (Offline)
  #174 7/4/11 12:37 AM
lps IS MY VOTE ALSO
2 Likes: Dannypollock24, mikeham73
duel (Offline)
  #175 7/4/11 12:39 AM
I had a bad feeling it would end up like this. can't use calcium chloride is one reason not to run a day race on dirt in the midwest in the heat of the summer. glad i went to Toledo and watched some really good feature racing last night and didn't drive 300 more miles. Indiana sprint week should help heal the wounds. Kevin are you listening? i must be one of the others....
sp6967 (Offline)
  #176 7/4/11 12:40 AM
i say stick with terre haute ,we need atleast one 1/2 mile track for sprint week.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #177 7/4/11 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Mud Packer:
Bill,

As you can see, you can't see a thing.
I've been enjoying a day with family... so I guess I'm just like the rest of you... I didn't see a thing.

ekohl23 (Offline)
  #178 7/4/11 12:43 AM
[/COLOR]
A picture is worth a thousand words!!! Vote Putnamville for sprint week!!!
; )
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

GET OVER IT!! Putnamville does not have a Sprint Week race this year. Some of you people need to get on with your lives instead of trying to push LPS for a Sprint Week show all the time.
5 Likes: MWestfallfan54, rdzsprint, sp6967, SPRINTCAR, TWagner73
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #179 7/4/11 1:10 AM
Ekohl what's the beef with the Put ? A bad day there was better then anything I saw at THAT today.
sceckert (Offline)
  #180 7/4/11 1:15 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Did anybody really think a 100 lap Silver Crown would work on a hot summer afternoon? That is why I did not go. I might be the only person who thinks this way, but I think the fair board wants the track to fail.Last year the track was better than the any of the 28 years I have been going, and the fair board did not renew the contract. That says a lot right there.
This has been my thinking exactly. First, on the race today: What experienced racing fan gave this arrangement even a thread of a chance to be anything other than a debacle? It's the 21st Century. Tracks have lights now as a result of NEEDING to race at night. This event was debcale-doomed from its conception. And that real estate is simply going to become something else in the near future. It is too valuable a tract of land in a high-commercial area. I expect the facility's failure is a welcome result to some in charge (and obviously tired of being in charge of such an enterprise)
Closed Thread