IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/7/07, 8:20 PM   #161
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
What was with the flag man?Every time someone jumped the cush, he would throw an yellow. He even did it when a driver went to the pits.
With all the unneccessary yellows, the cars slow to get in position, the late start(which is the tracks fault) and the late intermission (how greedy can a promoter be?) it made for a late show, this would not have happened with better management. If the show had started on time, it would have been over by eleven.

I missed the feature because of the late hour and my need to rise early Sunday AM.

Was the problem MSCS or The "Burg's fault. Me thinks it is a combination of both. I do not think they can handle a large car count.

This was my 4th trip to The Burg this year and out of the 4 I only saw 1 good well run race.
Tell me Don, Why did I get out of 2006's Memorial Day MSCS Race at 1am chicago time at HAUBSTADT? But thats the best managed track in the country right?

10/7/07, 8:30 PM   #162
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

First of all,congrats to the entire 81 Team!What a race.71 cars, 6 heats and so on, WOW. Personally I would still prefer qualifying,,JMO Restarts, one way radios take care of that problem, at ALL tracks.As for little Swindells:crying: well sometimes the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Good racing, no serious injuries and a awesome time with fellow IOW'Ers.Lets see, Fishburger,Gregg,Racefan20,Danny Burton,TJ Tomthumb plus a jjones sighting(charging you interest now:rolling and yes SHORTBUS exiting the concession stand Hope I didn't miss anyone.Cash was flying when the 50/50 girls came around, must have been the pretty smile.Kokomo Klash up next, hope its warmer than last year!Thanks to both L-Burg and MSCS. Sorry FB, no new stove for you this time!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/7/07, 8:35 PM   #163
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Tim Clauson is right again, Not only did the cars didn't go down and wheel pack, The officals didn't make em. I was talking with Steve Gaines (Mod Driver and he said notice the bottom is slop and every time someone tried to do the bottom they skidded themselves right off the track or were so out of whack when they came back up they were too out of shape to stay in it.

My comment to him is that Id of made about four passes with the grader on the bottom third of the track.

I will not dare critisize the LBURG staff over this, They worked their asses off and quite honestly, The track was near perfect.

Chuck, who's about to recan't on his FOR THE YOUNG GUNS Statment, YOU SHOULD BE MATURE ENOUGH TO RESPECT YOUR FELLOW COMPETITORS, EXPECIALLY WHEN YOUR AS GUILTY AS ANYONE ELSE FOR THE CRAP YOU"VE PULLED THIS YEAR KEVIN. WHo's the one doing burnouts on people helmets?

10/8/07, 1:03 AM   #164
jjones776

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
i dont know where some of you were at , maybe behind beer cans, but there is no excuse for the track conditions last night at the burg... it is the responsibility of the track management to prepare the surface for some good racing and again they have failed... i have been to this track on several occacsions this season and may have seen one good night of racing... it seen that big clud,with 4 wheels, just cant figure out how much water to put down and when... same thing past several weeks including the big mod show which was also a complete disaster... i would be bery ashamed if i could not figure out how to do my job properly... mr. rudissell you have failed with the people you have and need to pay some experienced people to come in and show you how to properly prepare your surface.......some times it pays to listen ,observe, and admit to fault in order to go the right direction....... you have failed this year and next year i hope you do your homework.... don short
:sleep: :crying:

i enjoyed the racing!

10/8/07, 1:12 AM   #165
Jerry Shaw

Places like Haubstadt and Kokomo are the exception, rather than the rule. Sometimes, some of us (me included) get spoiled just because we have a couple of the country's best race tracks, within a short drive from most of our houses. Very fast, with limited passing (like the Burg last night) isn't the ideal situation. But, I go to a lot of different tracks and what I saw last night was average, at worst. There was no lack of effort. They just missed it, a bit. But, more significant to me, is how the blind luck draw's flaws were exposed, yet again. I don't like that system. To me, if there's not qualifying or some kind of passing points system in place, the fans end up getting cheated.

Jerry

P.S. Kevin Briscoe. When I paid $25 to get in, I just assumed they would be taking care of ALL of the starters, similar to the way they do in winged shows.

BTW. Robert Ballou is on a serious rampage, right now. If he would have gotten on track a month or so earlier, there might have been some interesting debate on who should be National DOTY.

Winston Churchill

10/8/07, 7:37 AM   #166
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Tell me Don, Why did I get out of 2006's Memorial Day MSCS Race at 1am chicago time at HAUBSTADT? But thats the best managed track in the country right?
I bet it was because you saw more John Deere tractors on the track than you did Sprintcars.

I think the people have let track prep go to their head. I was there for Sprint Week and the Deeres had over 2 hours track time.

10/8/07, 7:37 AM   #167
Sue-Z-Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
i dont know where some of you were at , maybe behind beer cans, but there is no excuse for the track conditions last night at the burg... it is the responsibility of the track management to prepare the surface for some good racing and again they have failed... i have been to this track on several occacsions this season and may have seen one good night of racing... it seen that big clud,with 4 wheels, just cant figure out how much water to put down and when... same thing past several weeks including the big mod show which was also a complete disaster... i would be bery ashamed if i could not figure out how to do my job properly... mr. rudissell you have failed with the people you have and need to pay some experienced people to come in and show you how to properly prepare your surface.......some times it pays to listen ,observe, and admit to fault in order to go the right direction....... you have failed this year and next year i hope you do your homework.... don short
:rolling::rolling: Mr. Short, I'd be ashamed to try to tell someone else how to do their job. :rolleyes: You hire the drivers and Mr. Rudisell will hire the track personnel. Gawd, give the man a break! I believe he and his crew did a fantastic job for the first year of promoting. Not a lot of other postings slammed the track conditions. From a fans view, it was a wonderful night of racing. Try enjoying listening to the roar of the engines, the way the cars "dance" around the track and just the joy of being a part of something "fun" instead of looking for all the negatives and thinking about $$. If you can offer some expertise on preparing the track, some constructive criticism, and not just belittlement...bring it on! Otherwise, take your #36 and race somewhere else. I don't know you and no disrespect intended, but DAMN....give a little credit where credit is due. I don't believe the year was a failure at the burg. I went almost every Saturday night, loved the dust, loved the mud! IT"S ALL GOOD!!!

10/8/07, 8:39 AM   #168
dshort36

sue z q............ i did not try to tell them how to do their job only i believe, my opinion, that they failed this season at track prep.as a whole...... did u go to the big mod show. apparently not. worse than last sat night race it was rained out by the water truck...... this is not the beginning of the race season but the end and they should be able to do their job a little better.....i know it cant be perfect for all .... they do agreat job for their fans as far as activities etc,, but only think that track prep could be considerably better........... as far as my 36 car goes i will take it anywhere i choose to thank you........

10/8/07, 9:49 AM   #169
voiceofracing

Talking heads. Having had the experience of managing a 70+ car field I have seen the inside. It is a major task for all involved.

1. If there was qualifying, there would be the equivalent of 140+ laps right in the racing groove. Talk about single file racing!

2. The expense of promoting a wing show has become their potential downfall. If the payback throught he field for non-wing was the same as as that, there would be one or two in the area per year. Promoters cannot loose that much money.

3. In my opinion there has not been a new promoter with the positive outlook and attitude to come along in years that can match the customer care demonstrated by Dave Rudisell and his staff. Their first season has been an amazing demonstration of that.

4. Fans...do you want dust or not? From the posts in this thread I am completely confused. A promoter cannot provide both.

5. Congratulations to Dave for taking a chance on this race. It was optional for him. He chose to support the fans and the racers.

6. Congratulations to Tom, Loris, Eldon and the balance of the staff that makes MSCS happen on their successful season of providing non wing drivers and teams an alternative. May their success continue to propel them onward and upward.

7. Why must the "hit" posts always be from people with one to six posts and why are they fearful of signing their actual name to their stated opinions.

8. Is it just me or is Dave Rudisell the only promoter who is brave enough to provide explanations and comments on this forum?

Barry Boone

10/8/07, 9:51 AM   #170
voiceofracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofracing View Post
Talking heads. Having had the experience of managing a 70+ car field I have seen the inside. It is a major task for all involved.

1. If there was qualifying, there would be the equivalent of 140+ laps right in the racing groove. Talk about single file racing!

2. The expense of promoting a wing show has become their potential downfall. If the payback throught he field for non-wing was the same as as that, there would be one or two in the area per year. Promoters cannot loose that much money.

3. In my opinion there has not been a new promoter with the positive outlook and attitude to come along in years that can match the customer care demonstrated by Dave Rudisell and his staff. Their first season has been an amazing demonstration of that.

4. Fans...do you want dust or not? From the posts in this thread I am completely confused. A promoter cannot provide both.

5. Congratulations to Dave for taking a chance on this race. It was optional for him. He chose to support the fans and the racers.

6. Congratulations to Tom, Loris, Eldon and the balance of the staff that makes MSCS happen on their successful season of providing non wing drivers and teams an alternative. May their success continue to propel them onward and upward.

7. Why must the "hit" posts always be from people with one to six posts and why are they fearful of signing their actual name to their stated opinions.

8. Is it just me or is Dave Rudisell the only promoter who is brave enough to provide explanations and comments on this forum?

Barry Boone
Thank you Dave for your committment to our sport.
Barry

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?