IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #151 1/21/10 12:40 AM
Freezing rain in the area is putting down a nice layer of ice. If you have to be out and about, be extremely careful. I feel for the people who are out in this mess overnight. I would imagine that rush hour in the morning will be crazy as well. Be safe.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #152 1/21/10 8:27 AM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
Still drove 77 mpg most of the way home.
77 mpg, that's some good mileage. You must drive one of those "Smart Cars.":2:

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
terrehautian (Offline)
  #153 1/21/10 9:13 AM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
77 mpg, that's some good mileage. You must drive one of those "Smart Cars.":2:
Sorry, should have been 88mph, I needed to go back to the future real quick. I needed to get back to a few days ago so I could buy a powerball for the drawing before so I could win. Sadly, my car couldn't make it past 77 mph and I just got home faster.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #154 1/21/10 9:16 AM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
Sorry, should have been 88mph, I needed to go back to the future real quick. I needed to get back to a few days ago so I could buy a powerball for the drawing before so I could win. Sadly, my car couldn't make it past 77 mph and I just got home faster.
was it 77 mph or 88 mph
IndyBound (Offline)
  #155 1/22/10 2:09 AM
Hi everyone, the valley of the sun had a tornado warning today and actually it came across the news about and hour and a half ago that a tornado touched down at Desert Ridge Market Place Mall in north Phoenix. That report was a false alarm, high winds and heavy rain did bring down large trees in the area. But the weather service is now saying no tornado touched down.

At Scottsdale Road & the 101 tents from a smaller car auction than the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction were blown apart and blown onto the 101. The highway will be closed until some time in the morning to clean up all of the debris. Luckily I haven't heard of anyone being hurt at this venue however hundreds of cars suffered damage from all the debris.

I17 in northern Arizona was closed most of yesterday and today due to heavy snow, as you get closer to Phoenix the highway is again closed at New River because the mountain is washing down onto the highway.
Good thing the USAC teams and fans aren't headed to Arizona for another month, maybe we will have dried out by then. Right now they are saying we are getting our years supply of rain all at once. An the north country will get about 70 plus inches of snow this week.

Hope everyone stays safe this winter whatever part of the country you are in.

Patti
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #156 1/23/10 11:59 PM
The snow is melting here again today! Foggy and light rain and it's very odd that it's the 23rd of January in Wisconsin and the temp is 38 at 10pm. It's even warm enough here to stand under the pine tree next to the garage and take a whiz! I'm doing my part to help melt this snow!
sprntr (Offline)
  #157 1/24/10 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
The snow is melting here again today! Foggy and light rain and it's very odd that it's the 23rd of January in Wisconsin and the temp is 38 at 10pm. It's even warm enough here to stand under the pine tree next to the garage and take a whiz! I'm doing my part to help melt this snow!
You'll be able to write your full name if you have enough Beers!
Speedwrench (Offline)
  #158 1/25/10 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
You'll be able to write your full name if you have enough Beers!
The reason beer goes through you so fast is that it doesn't have to stop and change colors on the way down.
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #159 1/25/10 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
TMI:2:

That's assuming that you have good aim.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #160 1/27/10 12:57 AM
Nice and sunny here, and I am going to play golf in the morning.
Closed Thread