IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????
1/4/09, 11:21 AM   #151
Re: Weather???????
Tim Watson

We had some rain here last night and of course it froze. I just walked out to the mailbox and our driveway is one sheet of smooth ice.

1/4/09, 11:55 AM   #152
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Jerry, thanks for keeping us posted. We just had sprinkles and bad fog. Can't believe how much bad weather you have over there. Hope it clears out by racing season.

Frank Daigh

1/13/09, 7:42 PM   #153
Tim Watson

Well it's been a little over a week, i seen some cold temps and some snow in certain areas just wondering how everybody is surviving. We had about 3" of snow again last night but we are in for a deep freeze for the next 3 days or so. Temps right around 0 for the highs. We are looking at overnight temps between 5-15 below zero with wind chills around 40 below. I'm at minus 2 right now and the kids just came in from playing on the swing set! I'm dead serious, they were actually swinging!

1/13/09, 9:02 PM   #154
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I'm at minus 2 right now and the kids just came in from playing on the swing set! I'm dead serious, they were actually swinging!
At -2, I'm surprised the swings didn't freeze in place.:eek::rolling

They said on TV today that if we don't get any snow tonight, and it gets down below 0 on Thursday that it would be the first time in recorded history that we had sub zero temps with no snow on the ground.

1/15/09, 7:44 PM   #155
Tim Watson

We are at minus 10 and it's going to get colder. Wind chills could hit minus 40 tonight. Schools were even called off today and tomorrow is possible to. The temps this week have dipped to record lows here. Coldest on record for the last 13 years. Our furnace shut down today cause the pvc exhaust pipe was filled with ice. A long screwdriver and a coat hanger broke it loose, hopefully this doesn't happen overnight while we are sleeping. :thumbsdown:

1/16/09, 12:52 AM   #156
sprntr

Quote:
We are at minus 10 and it's going to get colder. Wind chills could hit minus 40 tonight. Schools were even called off today and tomorrow is possible to. The temps this week have dipped to record lows here. Coldest on record for the last 13 years. Our furnace shut down today cause the pvc exhaust pipe was filled with ice. A long screwdriver and a coat hanger broke it loose, hopefully this doesn't happen overnight while we are sleeping. :thumbsdown:
Tim, does your furnace's exhaust pipe surround it's fresh air intake? My folks have a pulse furnace with that type of plumbing set up or at least it used to. I Tee-ed into the intake leg and ran a second intake leg to the outdoors away from the damp exhaust. Never shutdown from freeze-up again.

steiny, enjoying balmy weather with only -29 degree wind chills

1/16/09, 1:02 AM   #157
Pat O'Connor Fan

The Weather Channel's "Local on the 8s" for Bloomington, IL just issued this severe cold warning: If you have brass monkeys outside, you must hurry to get them inside right away!

1/16/09, 10:43 AM   #158
Z-man

I knew Al Gore was right, this weather proves it. It's -6 here in cincy, we still are warm compared to you folks up north. I don't care what the temp is outside because I am staying inside.
Last edited by Z-man; 1/16/09 at 10:56 AM.

1/16/09, 8:01 PM   #159
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
Tim, does your furnace's exhaust pipe surround it's fresh air intake? My folks have a pulse furnace with that type of plumbing set up or at least it used to. I Tee-ed into the intake leg and ran a second intake leg to the outdoors away from the damp exhaust. Never shutdown from freeze-up again.

steiny, enjoying balmy weather with only -29 degree wind chills
My exhaust and my intake are about 2 feet apart but they run up through the soffit and shingles and out the roof. I have been waiting to fix that until we need a new roof. It was like that when we bought the house and i have never seen that set up on any other house before. It froze up again this morning but the wife had to climb the ladder and break the ice through the pipe cause i was at work.

1/17/09, 2:24 AM   #160
sprntr

Quote:
My exhaust and my intake are about 2 feet apart but they run up through the soffit and shingles and out the roof. I have been waiting to fix that until we need a new roof. It was like that when we bought the house and i have never seen that set up on any other house before. It froze up again this morning but the wife had to climb the ladder and break the ice through the pipe cause i was at work.
Ahh, the joys of winter in the Northland!! Do you think heat tape like they use in gutters would work?

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????