IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #141 8/5/12 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Big Willy:
(which I guess even Bill G. hisself would have rather they skipped so people could get home a half hour earlier - after all Easter Seals has nothing to do with racing)
All I really did was make a comment about one of the reasons people complain about reworking the track. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with what I said, I've heard a few people talk about the time difference and the long drive.

Come spend an evening at the track with me... I can promise you won't hear me complain about anything (unless it is about my own pain or something/someone on IOW) Not a word about track prep, the finishing time of a race or anything else related to that race.

7 Likes: Danny Burton, Don 65s, mowerman, Mud Packer, nailer, Pat O'Connor Fan, SHORTBUS
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #142 8/5/12 12:58 PM
From reading the posts on here - I think if I operated the track I would hold an event that was "just" the tractors. No race cars. A lot of people seem satisfied with it. I would think it could be quite profitable.
2 Likes: Clydesdale, Slider812
Slider812 (Offline)
  #143 8/5/12 1:37 PM
Oh my gosh guys.... It's a dirt track!!!!!!!!! What do u expect will happen when you are downwind. Also I can almost bet if tommy never touched the track all night and it went to crap, then everyone will be crying about not reworking the track. I really hope at some time we all can post positive comments about a race, track conditions, etc.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: Racer12, skids59
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #144 8/5/12 1:55 PM
Originally Posted by Big Willy:
After the mod b they once again had sponsor committments and a planned Easter Seals collection for the drivers to come into the stands and collect funds (which I guess even Bill G. hisself would have rather they skipped so people could get home a half hour earlier - after all Easter Seals has nothing to do with racing) .
I marvel at your ability to read Bill Gardner's mind.

I'd be even more impressed if you could walk in his shoes for awhile and then see how you handle it.

I'm glad of two things. Your opinion is appreciated here, it really is. But beware how you use a certain word that begins with an "i." People get whole posts deleted for such.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #145 8/5/12 2:16 PM
Excellent post, Jerry Shaw.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #146 8/5/12 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by Danny Burton:
But beware how you use a certain word that begins with an "i." People get whole posts deleted for such.
Well that explains why so many people try to make themselves seem like track-prep experts. They're afraid to say "idunno".
CRA91 (Offline)
  #147 8/5/12 2:32 PM
Congrats to the Hendrick team and Jake Argo, good job guys!

Terry James Jr.
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #148 8/5/12 3:00 PM
The dust might have to do with a different dirt composition. Just speculating but that's what it looked like to me at the Hut 100.

Posted via Mobile Device
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #149 8/5/12 3:22 PM
As usual, I'm glad I went . It's always worth the drive for me. The show was another classic. The dirt has changed after sprint week. I'm not sure what he did, but it's great.

As for you whiners about the tractor parade, I'd rather watch John Deere green then three divisions of junk, which everyoe here whines about when a track runs that. You just can't please some people.

Congratulations to Hendrick , Briscoe and Clemons, they made the last few laps real exciting. I'd also like to thank MSCS for adding everyone to the feature, that was a class act. Didn't have , but did it anyway.

For those of you who say it's too far away, your loss. Once again you missed another great show.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Rpracing1, Slider812
Slider812 (Offline)
  #150 8/5/12 3:48 PM
Yes he did add something to the dirt. After sprint week I drove by there for work and he had a wagon of some sort that was full of something. It was all disked up with the grader and sheepsfoot working the track. The dirt he put on over the winter was a very high clay content but had a high dust partical with it. We all know if he doesn't like it then he will play with it till its perfect and it's just about there.

Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread