IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That
6/15/09, 2:30 PM   #131
Re: That
petey

Sorry to hear of what happened to Ballou and the other guys running out of fuel but it's happened before like with the World of Outlaws. Guys start running out of fuel then a yellow is thrown then turns to a red to fuel the rest of the field. First guy that ran out goes to the back. Yeah I know it sucks.

Congrats to Team Foxco!

6/15/09, 2:50 PM   #132
nonwingnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
Sorry to hear of what happened to Ballou and the other guys running out of fuel but it's happened before like with the World of Outlaws. Guys start running out of fuel then a yellow is thrown then turns to a red to fuel the rest of the field. First guy that ran out goes to the back. Yeah I know it sucks.

Congrats to Team Foxco!
That's the craziest thing I heard of. Mscs is no where close to the caliber of a WOO show and I doubt you would see a WOO show go 80+ laps on big half mile with no fuel stop in a 2.5 hour feature.... Mscs was running that show - their rules format officials scoring etc. - they're responsible for that yellow. If those guys would have ran out on lap 10 then shame on them. But 80 (yellow laps included)laps in??? Those drivers had no way to know it was going that long nor are they allowed to add fuel in work area - another mscs rule. Those guys had zero opportunity to refuel. So they just run out???? Because mscs can't calculate a fuel stop??? Give me a break! Mscs was responsible for that yellow - not those drivers. They can't refuel and their fuel cells are only so big. 4 guys run out at the same time then a red is thrown for refuel??? And those 4 get the shaft??? Maybe they were first pushed off at the beginning and had even more laps than the others. No I would like to see in mscs rules that if you run out of fuel in an 80 lap event its your own fault but the lucky ones that hadn't ran out yet get to refuel. I think it was blatantly unfair to those 4 drivers for being sent to the tail when they had no opportunity to refuel beforehand and it was only supposed to be a 30 lap feature. Mscs caused that yellow by not accounting for fuel laps all along and giving everyone opportunity to refuel.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
6/15/09, 4:12 PM   #133
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingnit View Post
That's the craziest thing I heard of. Mscs is no where close to the caliber of a WOO show and I doubt you would see a WOO show go 80+ laps on big half mile with no fuel stop in a 2.5 hour feature.... Mscs was running that show - their rules format officials scoring etc. - they're responsible for that yellow. If those guys would have ran out on lap 10 then shame on them. But 80 (yellow laps included)laps in??? Those drivers had no way to know it was going that long nor are they allowed to add fuel in work area - another mscs rule. Those guys had zero opportunity to refuel. So they just run out???? Because mscs can't calculate a fuel stop??? Give me a break! Mscs was responsible for that yellow - not those drivers. They can't refuel and their fuel cells are only so big. 4 guys run out at the same time then a red is thrown for refuel??? And those 4 get the shaft??? Maybe they were first pushed off at the beginning and had even more laps than the others. No I would like to see in mscs rules that if you run out of fuel in an 80 lap event its your own fault but the lucky ones that hadn't ran out yet get to refuel. I think it was blatantly unfair to those 4 drivers for being sent to the tail when they had no opportunity to refuel beforehand and it was only supposed to be a 30 lap feature. Mscs caused that yellow by not accounting for fuel laps all along and giving everyone opportunity to refuel.
Posted via Mobile Device
nonwingit,

How about giving me a call and talking to me about this entire situation? I don't understand why people find it "hip" or "cool" to get on here and bash people. I am as big of a fan as anybody on here. Heck maybe to much of a fan at times. But i just wish people would get the facts straight before they started bashing a sanctioning body for trying to provide something for the fans. I would be more then willing to share, listen, and discuss like grown adults whats happened or going on.

So anybody can feel free to contact me anytime they need or want too.....

Racin Jason Adams-Tour Director and Series Announcer
Midwest Sprint Car Series
www.mscssprints.com
racinjasonadams@yahoo.com
812-664-8268

6/15/09, 4:23 PM   #134
terrehautian

Jason, how was the crowds. I really wanted to be there, but because of scheduled duties at Church, couldn't make it.

6/15/09, 4:25 PM   #135
racin jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Jason, how was the crowds. I really wanted to be there, but because of scheduled duties at Church, couldn't make it.
The infield had quite a few people in there the grandstands were so so. I think weather and track conditions in the morning may have turned some people away.

Racin Jason

6/15/09, 4:26 PM   #136
terrehautian

Did the tunnel stay dry?

6/15/09, 4:29 PM   #137
awnunn

I was at THAT from Sat morn until the last flag flew sunday night. Got rained out Sat night and almost all off the ILMS crate racers got Hotel rooms and spent the night. We had a good time, yes it was a long weekend but hell we where still at a race track with alot of good friends and some damn good racin once the track was ready. I like how people like to B!tch and moan about a track that they were not even at because they dont like who is running it or announcing it. Things that make ya go HMMMMMMMM

6/15/09, 4:33 PM   #138
Big Willy

I know I'll get killed for asking but where are the ILMS results posted? I cheked the web sight but it's not updated and didn't see anyhing on 4m. I know the full results would never be allowed on here

6/15/09, 4:35 PM   #139
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

I would like to ask 1 question...1st of all great show ..does mscs re-draw or draw numbers.....how did your pole starter get the pole and he wasnt even out of the car yet...do you draw before the heat race or what .not taking anything away from anyone....just asking a question

6/15/09, 4:37 PM   #140
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Willy View Post
I know I'll get killed for asking but where are the ILMS results posted? I cheked the web sight but it's not updated and didn't see anyhing on 4m. I know the full results would never be allowed on here

Here ya go, Chris posted them on 4m

Terre Haute ILMS Feature Finish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Barnett
Zak Blackwood
Jeremy Hines
Eric Varner
Ray Godsey
Shannon Reed
Shannon Allen
Edgar Godsey
Steve Godsey
James Griffith
Jon Gilstrap
Terry Romans