IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown car Spy Photos
11/25/09, 10:36 PM   #131
Re: Gold Crown car Spy Photos
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy View Post
Well I am not one of those people who got sold a an expensive toy that has no place to play anymore. I am not the one who made that awful business decision to buy one of those things.

This is never going to be a positive in racing. Remember, I have seen these cars in action (Chicagoland) and they were just GAWD AWFUL.
OK so you dont like them then sit at home and ***** about how our sport is falling apart. What was the thing you personally did to try and move our sport forward. Yes I took a chance and I would not change anything I did as far as buying into the GC idea. We could all sit back and ***** AND MONE about this or that but a few of us are trying to make a difference if it doesn't work out at least I was part of something that TRIED to do something. I wonder how many people set back and said look at that DUMB A$$ as he made the first wheel or said to MR Hulman why in the hell are you buying that run down place it is never going to amount to ****. Like I said AT LEAST WE ARE PART OF SOMETHING if its not your thing stay at home. If everybody had your type of attitude we would still be living in a cave because hell why try that it ain't never gonna work and Dam those guys are idiots why would you live in that thing its made of wood and has a floor why do that when you can live under a rock with dirt floors.

11/25/09, 10:59 PM   #132
D.O.

The side pod deal according to Bruce is how many open wheel cars snag each other by inlocking the wheel and side into the wall. His hopes are that with the pod edge equal to the outside of the rear tires cure that problem.

11/25/09, 11:24 PM   #133
Lucky161

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
The side pod deal according to Bruce is how many open wheel cars snag each other by inlocking the wheel and side into the wall. His hopes are that with the pod edge equal to the outside of the rear tires cure that problem.

He's right about that being what happens often. But at least in my opinion, it's still the driver's job not to run into other cars and/or obstacles.

11/25/09, 11:33 PM   #134
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
OK so you dont like them then sit at home and ***** about how our sport is falling apart. What was the thing you personally did to try and move our sport forward. Yes I took a chance and I would not change anything I did as far as buying into the GC idea. We could all sit back and ***** AND MONE about this or that but a few of us are trying to make a difference if it doesn't work out at least I was part of something that TRIED to do something. I wonder how many people set back and said look at that DUMB A$$ as he made the first wheel or said to MR Hulman why in the hell are you buying that run down place it is never going to amount to ****. Like I said AT LEAST WE ARE PART OF SOMETHING if its not your thing stay at home. If everybody had your type of attitude we would still be living in a cave because hell why try that it ain't never gonna work and Dam those guys are idiots why would you live in that thing its made of wood and has a floor why do that when you can live under a rock with dirt floors.
I sure as hell didn't piss away $85,000 dollars on chassis then try and cram it down everyone throats.

Instead all I do is promote openwheel races to the people who live around me. Hell I personally (at my own expense) make signs, banners, and ads and put them up everywhere I can to help people know about the races at tracsk close to me. I post on myspace to all my friends (racers and nonracers) to go see some great on track action. I constantly submit stories to local press about drivers who are locals trying to get thier names out in the media. Don't tell me I sit at home and ***** and moan about stuff. I do all of this work MYSELF and for no money, no recognition, hell most of the time the drivers never even know who's doing it becasue I don't come on an internet messege board and shove things down people throat like YOU YOURSELF DO SIR!

Now, that is exactly what the HELL I DO to promote this sport and I'll be damned to hell if I am going to tolerate you BS anymore sc96. Just because I don't bow in homage to your awful looking morphodite cars doesn't mean I don't care about this sport. I care about this sport more than most on here think I do. I don't like seeing it the craphole state it's in now but the economy has done alot and bad decisions made in the offices of the sanctioning bodies has caused these problems.

Now I have said all I care to say about this topic. Anymore crap you want to fling at me do it on a pm to me.
Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 11/25/09 at 11:35 PM.

11/26/09, 12:29 AM   #135
sc96

Quote:
I sure as hell didn't piss away $85,000 dollars on chassis then try and cram it down everyone throats.

Instead all I do is promote openwheel races to the people who live around me. Hell I personally (at my own expense) make signs, banners, and ads and put them up everywhere I can to help people know about the races at tracsk close to me. I post on myspace to all my friends (racers and nonracers) to go see some great on track action. I constantly submit stories to local press about drivers who are locals trying to get thier names out in the media. Don't tell me I sit at home and ***** and moan about stuff. I do all of this work MYSELF and for no money, no recognition, hell most of the time the drivers never even know who's doing it becasue I don't come on an internet messege board and shove things down people throat like YOU YOURSELF DO SIR!

Now, that is exactly what the HELL I DO to promote this sport and I'll be damned to hell if I am going to tolerate you BS anymore sc96. Just because I don't bow in homage to your awful looking morphodite cars doesn't mean I don't care about this sport. I care about this sport more than most on here think I do. I don't like seeing it the craphole state it's in now but the economy has done alot and bad decisions made in the offices of the sanctioning bodies has caused these problems.

Now I have said all I care to say about this topic. Anymore crap you want to fling at me do it on a pm to me.
I have never shoved anything down anybody's throat but how would you feel if someone looked at your signs or read your articles and said your **** sucks If what you do is so wonderful why dont you have a national deal. I can tell you why because what you do is in your part of the sport you support your local track OK that's great but I am not bashing your deal. Some people like apples some like grapes I never asked anyone to bow down to anything. Your deal is making signs and writing articles about your local track my deal is trying to move from the back woods to main street. IF you are truly a writer then you may want to keep a open mind about the sport you cover. BY the way I didn't spend 85k on my car. If you would like I can price one out for you since I am one of the builders. We all have our different passions and I think that is what keeps life interesting otherwise life would have no color in it. My opinions are mine alone I dont know you and I have no problem with your opinion but if you want to trash something that you have no investment in maybe you should take up marble collecting or something.

11/26/09, 8:59 AM   #136
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc96 View Post
I have never shoved anything down anybody's throat but how would you feel if someone looked at your signs or read your articles and said your **** sucks If what you do is so wonderful why dont you have a national deal. I can tell you why because what you do is in your part of the sport you support your local track OK that's great but I am not bashing your deal. Some people like apples some like grapes I never asked anyone to bow down to anything. Your deal is making signs and writing articles about your local track my deal is trying to move from the back woods to main street. IF you are truly a writer then you may want to keep a open mind about the sport you cover. BY the way I didn't spend 85k on my car. If you would like I can price one out for you since I am one of the builders. We all have our different passions and I think that is what keeps life interesting otherwise life would have no color in it. My opinions are mine alone I dont know you and I have no problem with your opinion but if you want to trash something that you have no investment in maybe you should take up marble collecting or something.
It's very obvious you don't know who the hell I am or the drivers I have gotten into local media. I will not name them here because I am not dragging them into your immature pissing match, sc96. You say you are not bashing my deal but then you say "backwoods to main street". Do you really feel that way about the Silver Crowns? If you really do then maybe an owner like you isn't what the series needs.

When you fell like coming off your "High and Mighty" kick, lets talk otherwise forget it.

11/26/09, 9:43 AM   #137
Lucky161

I've got all the information I need now. It wasn't so much the answers, but what hasn't been answered.

We've got DO who in doing his job posted the information, interviewed Mr. Ashmore on his show. I thank you for that.

We've got some people expressing their opinions.

We've got a car owner telling us how their opinions are wrong and how dedicated he and all the other car owners are to the cause.

Then we've got a builder. Well a car owner/builder. He didn't identify himself as a builder until he felt compelled to defend his purchase. He didn't answer any of the questions concerning the value, construction etc. that either a car owner or especially a car builder would be best qualified to answer. Instead he let DO carry his water for him.

This project is doomed as my friend R22 would say. It will either become a club racer deal with track rentals and no spectators or TV or it will just outright fail.

When people that are in the know withhold information it's usually because they are hiding something. If this was such a good deal they would be providing verifiable answers.

1 member likes this post: are39
11/27/09, 12:36 AM   #138
sc96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky161 View Post
I've got all the information I need now. It wasn't so much the answers, but what hasn't been answered.

We've got DO who in doing his job posted the information, interviewed Mr. Ashmore on his show. I thank you for that.

We've got some people expressing their opinions.

We've got a car owner telling us how their opinions are wrong and how dedicated he and all the other car owners are to the cause.

Then we've got a builder. Well a car owner/builder. He didn't identify himself as a builder until he felt compelled to defend his purchase. He didn't answer any of the questions concerning the value, construction etc. that either a car owner or especially a car builder would be best qualified to answer. Instead he let DO carry his water for him.

This project is doomed as my friend R22 would say. It will either become a club racer deal with track rentals and no spectators or TV or it will just outright fail.

When people that are in the know withhold information it's usually because they are hiding something. If this was such a good deal they would be providing verifiable answers.
Most everyone involved in this know who I am and I shurly have nothing to hide. The GoldCrown series is owned by Bruce Ashmore and he talks to us owners and or builders so yes we do know stuff that has not been released to the public and anything that he tells us is held confendential untill Bruce wants it released some of the answers to your questions could not be answered with out it leading to something he does not want released. I would say D.O has a pretty good idea where Bruce is leading this and as he has said we will see where it goes.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote:
It's very obvious you don't know who the hell I am or the drivers I have gotten into local media. I will not name them here because I am not dragging them into your immature pissing match, sc96. You say you are not bashing my deal but then you say "backwoods to main street". Do you really feel that way about the Silver Crowns? If you really do then maybe an owner like you isn't what the series needs.

When you fell like coming off your "High and Mighty" kick, lets talk otherwise forget it.
Backwoods to main street is just an expression as to where I would like to see Silvercrown and Goldcrown go. When you look at a series (any series) when it rises to the top then falls on hard times it becomes very hard to keep owners in that series they retire or find other things to spend their time and money on. So take the SC series as an example how many teams have we lost(Your the journalist you figure that number) Then add back in the new teams that have come into the SC series I know of 2 in the last 5 years. If I have come across to you or anyone else as being HIGH AND MIGHTY I truly apologise that is not my goal. I want to see the Silvercrown cars back at places where they belong. As for the Goldcrown cars you dont like them there not your cup of tea so be it. I like them and will continue my support of them. As for my SilverCrown car I will gladly make you one heck of a deal if you want to throw your hat into the car owners arena. I cant justify the maint and cost of a SC car for 3 pavement races a year and as of today that is all they have for 2010. I am a big supporter of USAC they have set the standard for several years they offer the best insurance and support for injured drivers. Jason Mccord and Jason Smith have personally helped me with getting different things I needed to go to a race. So all I want is for USAC to take the seat at the head of the table and lead again. The Goldcrown series has a strong leader I have no concern there.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown car Spy Photos