IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
6/7/12, 12:03 PM   #121
Rex W.

:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Rex W.; 6/7/12 at 2:04 PM.

6/7/12, 2:06 PM   #122
Re: USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
Its usac & the fuel issue that has cut the car counts down. Started with the s**t box cars then allowing splayed valve heads then 360 cid engines in a 355 cid limit class.

Posted via Mobile Device
In the real world arent most of these engines "antique". It would be much cheaper to build an aluminum 410 and be able to race sprints with it also. The American way say's the more you make of one thing the cheaper it gets. There are a million 410's out there. I once saw a bill for a Gearty silver crown motor and It cost as much as one of his 410's.

I kinda of liked the 4 cammers!

Honest Dad himself

6/7/12, 2:18 PM   #123
SC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
so when will usac make ethanol mandatory in sprints and midgets?
Interesting question. I would like to know when USAC will offer "$10,000 bonus's to the top USAC team in the Silver Crown series who uses Ignite Ethanol fuel to get a Top 10 finishing position in our annual points." Why was it mandated that ALL Silver Crown teams must run ethanol?
Last edited by SC90; 6/7/12 at 2:19 PM.

6/7/12, 3:31 PM   #124
HardyBoysRacing

Race Count Last Year: 10

The bottom line of this is what is going to be done/ what can be done. Our team along with numerous others don't have the funds to spend thousands of dollars on trying to make our car run right without melting it down. Besides that fact why was it that TSR's two cars sounded just as ill as every other car and they have the funds to do all the testing.

My point is this series has been around for decades and has so much history behind that it would be a d**n shame if this is the last nail in the coffin. This is the only solution I see :

1.There needs to be more of a democracy between drivers, car owners, fans, and USAC and not just rules being put into effect with no say from anyone besides the sanctioning body. This being said if they will not conform to our wants and needs then maybe a "union" should be formed so they will hear our voices.

2. Promotion of the Silver Crown series is absolutely pathetic. I hear commercials on the radio for the ARCA and the AMA at the Springfield mile, but never hear a word about the silver crown race. I, for one, am 23 years old and absolutely love going to these races and have numerous friends who didn't even know about this racing series before I showed them and now they love it. They enjoy the history of the sport and it needs to be better advertised and made more like an "event" than just some old race at the local fairgrounds. You gotta grab the younger generations attention and make them get it like I do.

3.We need to do our part as individuals to make the ruling more fair for teams that aren't big money to make it more fair. Point being said, it is extremely hard for a team with one good motor and no sponsors and very limited funds to race against teams backed by Toyota with dozens of motors and limitless funds. I don't hold this against anyone, but it's hard to compete.

I just want to see the Silver Crown series not only survive, but thrive. Let's make it was before. An event that attracted thousands, young and old. Brought out some of the best open wheel cars and drivers in the united states. And made history that guys like my 72 year old remember and made him want to get into the sport. Maybe it is a one of a kind series for an acquired taste, but it is one that thousands of people still love. And quite a few cars and owners that just need that little push to bring their cars out (our '03 Stealth was a close top 10 car all of the season so age is not an issue). It's time that the big cars have their day again...and it's time that the moves are made in the right direction before it is too late and this legend becomes history as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/7/12, 4:00 PM   #125
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyBoysRacing View Post
The bottom line of this is what is going to be done/ what can be done. Our team along with numerous others don't have the funds to spend thousands of dollars on trying to make our car run right without melting it down. Besides that fact why was it that TSR's two cars sounded just as ill as every other car and they have the funds to do all the testing.

My point is this series has been around for decades and has so much history behind that it would be a d**n shame if this is the last nail in the coffin. This is the only solution I see :

1.There needs to be more of a democracy between drivers, car owners, fans, and USAC and not just rules being put into effect with no say from anyone besides the sanctioning body. This being said if they will not conform to our wants and needs then maybe a "union" should be formed so they will hear our voices.

2. Promotion of the Silver Crown series is absolutely pathetic. I hear commercials on the radio for the ARCA and the AMA at the Springfield mile, but never hear a word about the silver crown race. I, for one, am 23 years old and absolutely love going to these races and have numerous friends who didn't even know about this racing series before I showed them and now they love it. They enjoy the history of the sport and it needs to be better advertised and made more like an "event" than just some old race at the local fairgrounds. You gotta grab the younger generations attention and make them get it like I do.

3.We need to do our part as individuals to make the ruling more fair for teams that aren't big money to make it more fair. Point being said, it is extremely hard for a team with one good motor and no sponsors and very limited funds to race against teams backed by Toyota with dozens of motors and limitless funds. I don't hold this against anyone, but it's hard to compete.

I just want to see the Silver Crown series not only survive, but thrive. Let's make it was before. An event that attracted thousands, young and old. Brought out some of the best open wheel cars and drivers in the united states. And made history that guys like my 72 year old remember and made him want to get into the sport. Maybe it is a one of a kind series for an acquired taste, but it is one that thousands of people still love. And quite a few cars and owners that just need that little push to bring their cars out (our '03 Stealth was a close top 10 car all of the season so age is not an issue). It's time that the big cars have their day again...and it's time that the moves are made in the right direction before it is too late and this legend becomes history as well.

Posted via Mobile Device
It is really very simple:

Talk to the people at 16th and Georgetown rd. in Indy. Explain to them the need for a big car front engined race at their particular race track. Sit down and come up with a good set of rules for this new old class. Give USAC's and World of Outlaws best a year to get ready for this race.

Stand back and watch.

Can you see one of those rear engined "race car drivers" trying to hold on to one of these Beast at That big old track.

I would buy a ticket to see that race and I haven't bought one there in 25 years.

How about a prelude to the "Indy 500" the way it was.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/7/12 at 4:17 PM.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
6/7/12, 4:33 PM   #126
sprntr

[QUOTE=SC90;284058
Then why is USAC mandating ethanol fuel in Silver Crown racing? If you don't think it is appropriate in Sprint Car or Midget Racing in 2013, how can you justify that it is appropriate for Silver Crown racing? I remember the old saying, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."[COLOR="Black"]

Because they have the SC teams by the short hairs. The Sprints & Midgets have other options.

steiny

5 members like this post: fasster23, mr nobody, racephoto1, wbr
6/7/12, 4:42 PM   #127
DAD

Are their any front engine race car drivers out their today that are driving sprint cars and Midgets that would drive a front engined open wheele race car around that place at 175+ MPH ?

Honest Dad himself

6/7/12, 6:42 PM   #128
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
It is really very simple:

Talk to the people at 16th and Georgetown rd. in Indy. Explain to them the need for a big car front engined race at their particular race track. Sit down and come up with a good set of rules for this new old class. Give USAC's and World of Outlaws best a year to get ready for this race.

Stand back and watch.

Can you see one of those rear engined "race car drivers" trying to hold on to one of these Beast at That big old track.

I would buy a ticket to see that race and I haven't bought one there in 25 years.

How about a prelude to the "Indy 500" the way it was.

Honest Dad himself
IMS is in the business of making money not losing money.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DAD
6/7/12, 8:02 PM   #129
streetglider

JUST my 2 cents.... i have attended the Hoosier/Hulman , Springfield & Duquoin for years, however i stayed away this year!! When will USUC (used to be USAC) realize that some traditions are not meant to change? You would think they would have learned a lesson from the self starting midgets, the winged sprints the" dual 50"100 lap races for champ cars!!! But now they screw it up with the fuel & wonder why people stay home? I thought USUC changed the guard when they hired Jason(s) to run the show !!! I guess its still the same ole bologna eatin, running behind schedule people in charge !!! I LOVE what this organization USED to be but they have strayed waaayyyy to far off course!!! JMHO

3 members like this post: racephoto1, SC90, SteveD
6/7/12, 8:42 PM   #130
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
IMS is in the business of making money not losing money.
Tony George, Tony Hulman where you guys when we need you.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Series...thoughts?