IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #101 11/22/11 11:17 AM
Buckshot......Keep us all informed on your progress with your racing schedule. I am definitely interested in a little travel next year. Plus I like the non-winged, run what ya brung attitude. Non-winged racing is the best "equalizer" you can have. Plus......if I am scaling the track right using my Google Earth, this Spring Creek Facility looks like a little bull ring anyway. ??? Fun city??
DAD (Offline)
  #102 11/22/11 12:06 PM
Come on east our pay out might be a "sckosh" better and we do take the tops off every once in a while.

I understand we have a good chance at "Eldora" with wings Now that is a little "BULL RING"!
buckshot3448 (Offline)
  #103 11/23/11 2:26 AM
Originally Posted by openwheel44:
Buckshot......Keep us all informed on your progress with your racing schedule. I am definitely interested in a little travel next year. Plus I like the non-winged, run what ya brung attitude. Non-winged racing is the best "equalizer" you can have. Plus......if I am scaling the track right using my Google Earth, this Spring Creek Facility looks like a little bull ring anyway. ??? Fun city??
I will do that. i will prolly make a post when we get everything figured out and set in stone. The track i believe is 1/5 mile thats pretty wide and banked for our cars. The track was originally built for tq's along time ago and we still race them there. they now have 600's tq's and mini sprints back this year as well as a modified class. If you ask anyone whos run the track they will tell you that they love it.

DAD whats all this talk about eldora. Are the mmsa guys scheduling a date there this year? If so we might be interested in making that trip.
AP64 (Offline)
  #104 11/23/11 8:49 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Come on east our pay out might be a "sckosh" better and we do take the tops off every once in a while.

I understand we have a good chance at "Eldora" with wings Now that is a little "BULL RING"!

Are you referring to the Eldora kart track?
DAD (Offline)
  #105 11/23/11 9:47 AM
ELDORA THE RACE TRACK. Bill May is suppose to be working on a date now, a lot of cars would sure makes his job easier.

Probably a little big for us but we have raced at lburg,and windy hollow, both pretty big tracks. we had a ball at windy hollow a big D shaped track with a real real long back stretch. Will want to add some "nitro" to your methanol need lots of HP. My bad that stuff is illegal!

This would be a nice track to add to your resume.
McInturff Racing (Offline)
  #106 11/23/11 9:54 AM
If he can get a date at Eldora I would cancel my kid's birthday if I had to to make sure I was there.
AP64 (Offline)
  #107 11/23/11 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
ELDORA THE RACE TRACK. Bill May is suppose to be working on a date now, a lot of cars would sure makes his job easier.

Probably a little big for us but we have raced at lburg,and windy hollow, both pretty big tracks. we had a ball at windy hollow a big D shaped track with a real real long back stretch. Will want to add some "nitro" to your methanol need lots of HP. My bad that stuff is illegal!

This would be a nice track to add to your resume.

There are 2 tracks at Eldora, a kart track and the big track. And I would be very surprised if they let mini sprints run on the big track. JMO
DAD (Offline)
  #108 11/23/11 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by AP64:
There are 2 tracks at Eldora, a kart track and the big track. And I would be very surprised if they let mini sprints run on the big track. JMO
Might want to call Bill May. There is nothing little about a mini sprint us enlightened racers call them LIGHTNING SPRINTS.

You know "1000cc Lightning Sprint" does not sound so bad to me just needs an adjective along with it. I think I missed that part in the third grade.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:55 AM ----------

Well HELL we made it 4000 hits and over 100 replies have we figured anything out yet?
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #109 11/23/11 11:20 AM
OH BABY!!! Somebody get me a date and color me there if there is a race at Eldora. We got to run a coupleof times on a track similar in size but without that much banking here in KC (Lakeside). Talk about a hoot.
slide22 (Offline)
  #110 11/23/11 12:03 PM
The sidewinder sprints (upright and micro 1000's) in PA run at Williams Grove, Susquehanna, Selinsgrove, and Port Royal which are all half miles so I don't see how eldora would be out of the question
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread