IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chandler SCORA Sprint Race - Aug 9
8/10/09, 5:50 PM   #101
Re: Chandler SCORA Sprint Race - Aug 9
Andrew S. Quinn

Geez Aero...you miss one night of racing and get labeled as someone that doesnt go to to many races "cough"

8/10/09, 8:14 PM   #102
treecitytornado

Sam, Probably just gave him the points cause he felt like it. You are not supposed to get any points for a DNS, I never did!

8/10/09, 9:48 PM   #103
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Wasn't going to say this, but yes I went......... Worth the $15........ Nope........ No Cooler rule was Ignorant......... Track was not horrible....... I have seen worse............. What Racing there was, was not terrible.......... Crowd was not bad (more than 25 cars in lot as said in earlier post).......... Slow 3/8 mile REAL Dirt track............... Knew it was going to be a Memmer Benefit / Charity race.........Got to meet Ron Miller from IOW.............If I drove down from Terre Haute, I would have stayed regardless........I am sure the regular Chandler race community thought it was cool...............Best part was that MOTORMASHER did not show up........That was worth it in itself............I was 12 minutes from my house and it was Sprint Cars and it was Sunday night which I had nothing to do........So I went and did my part to stimulate the local economy.........Does this make me a bad guy................
I went because it was only ten minutes from my house. Enjoyed the evening watching the races with Rpracing 1 and my usual racing friends. Not allowing coolers in was just plain stupid. Considering the lack of advertising, the crowd was pretty good. My computer showed that my car only used one gallon of gas for the round trip. Can't beat that!
I wonder if Dave Peperaks's car is the one he used to win the televised USAC race at Eldora in 1980? It looks identical to it.

8/10/09, 11:26 PM   #104
sprintsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintsrule View Post
I'm curious on the new point totals after Chandler...

Varvel advanced 71 pts ????? <--- I don't get how he got feature points on a DNS ? (Not picking on anyone, just asking)
Guess I don't get an answer...surprise, surprise

8/10/09, 11:40 PM   #105
Bryans57

It was a dust bowl from the get go.... Chandler that is! We tried to get them to put the water to it.. but didn't!!
Last edited by Bryans57; 8/10/09 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling

8/11/09, 6:29 PM   #106
ftracing96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
As a matter a fact I do know how much stockon and gentry(the only 2 somewhat competitive cars there have in theres and how much memmers motor did run him. Nice try to make me look dumb tho.
It is extremely funny how you think you know how much memmer has in his motor when you clearly don't because anybody that knows memmer knows that he doesn't have that much in the motor that he was running at chandler on sunday. And second in a post you made before this one you said that the track was super slick and dusty. everyone knows that when it is as slick as it was that the bigger motors are not that much of an advantage.

8/12/09, 12:34 AM   #107
Hamby812

Well its still the one he bought from cravens that he blew up and had reworked by tim right???

8/12/09, 9:42 AM   #108
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
Well its still the one he bought from cravens that he blew up and had reworked by tim right???
No thats not the one he's been running. But never the less it a dam good motor. John's stuff is all TOP NOTCH!!!

What I was wonderig is if they made him take out all 4 of his cockpit adjustable shocks and weight jacker or not?
Last edited by Motormasher; 8/12/09 at 9:43 AM.

8/12/09, 9:45 AM   #109
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormasher View Post
no thats not the one he's been running. But never the less it a dam good motor. John's stuff is all top notch!!!

What i was wonderig is if they made him take out all 4 of his cockpit adjustable shocks and weight jacker or not?
just think all the top 10 finishes you could have had

8/12/09, 9:52 AM   #110
Rpracing1

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chandler SCORA Sprint Race - Aug 9