IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #101 7/12/13 12:01 AM
Wow, I'm really going to miss this....nope, I'm not!

Posted via Mobile Device

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
wing-44 (Offline)
  #102 7/12/13 12:06 AM
you will only have to replace the motor with the same type you was claimed....all day long one the web for under $2000.00 bucks for Yamaha,Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda's.

Posted via Mobile Device
DAD (Offline)
  #103 7/12/13 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by wing-44:
well rob you and Andy might have got a lot of other mini sprint groups/racers involved in helping our class get some attention.now is the time to come together on a seriously exceptable stock rule. Amsa,Mmsa,Mals, I know that the motors we run are very easily bought all over the place and the Internet remember the turd remarks on the 2009 yzfr1.
I could have purchased any brand on eBay for under $2000.00 bucks and stuck with the turd.lol I love blue sorry. I paid $800.00 bucks for a 2010 yzf r1 plus $150.00 for shipping.
try putting a claim of $2000.00 bucks on the winners motor (block only) then all the building will stop I will guaranty no one will dump money in them..... not even me. please keep on the positive side it's to all our best interests to keep this awesome class going in the right direction.

Posted via Mobile Device
AND when I knock you out of the( perfect attendance award ) I mean the points race because I claimed your motor and Striker is waiting on a shipment will I be the A-HOLE.

Honest Dad himself

Before the motor crunch I always bought low mile 1 year or less old motors and could run them for several years and race hard. Now they are just impossible to find and when you do $5000.00 ouch. "This too Shall Pass". Just hold on and don't get antsy. The MAL bunch is trying to keep the old motors alive.

We have pulled two rods apart this year carrillo might have helped them for three more seconds before the pins pulled out of the pistons., we have spun 3 rod bearings carrillo won't help that a bit. The two we pulled apart we ran out of coolant on, the other three spun rod bearings when we ran out of oil to that rod even back on a wet sump.

Honest Dad himself
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #104 7/12/13 12:13 AM
I'm sure there is peaks in motor availability. For instance there is a young man we race with here at the MMSA who blew up a motor which was recently rebuilt. Turns out the guy who put it together neglected to tighten the bolt which holds the pick up on the oil pump, lasted 2 races. Bad luck and it happens.. However I've been searching all evening and I've only found 1 07-08 bare engine for under 2k, and after shipping its just over. I know I've seen them cheaper but it's not common on that one.
Phil by chance did you read mike mesendicks post?

Posted via Mobile Device
wing-44 (Offline)
  #105 7/12/13 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:
AND when I knock you out of the( perfect attendance award ) I mean the points race because I claimed your motor and Striker is waiting on a shipment will I be the A-HOLE.

Honest Dad himself

Before the motor crunch I always bought low mile 1 year or less old motors and could run them for several years and race hard. Now they are just impossible to find and when you do $5000.00 ouch. "This too Shall Pass". Just hold on and don't get antsy. The MAL bunch is trying to keep the old motors alive.

We have pulled two rods apart this year carrillo might have helped them for three more seconds before the pins pulled out of the pistons., we have spun 3 rod bearings carrillo won't help that a bit. The two we pulled apart we ran out of coolant on, the other three spun rod bearings when we ran out of oil to that rod even back on a wet sump.

Honest Dad himself
that's racing have a back up.

Posted via Mobile Device
DAD (Offline)
  #106 7/12/13 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by wing-44:
that's racing have a back up.

Posted via Mobile Device
Back up BANK?

Honest Dad himself
DAD (Offline)
  #107 7/12/13 12:37 AM
You know I'm pretty old but I can remember my Dad telling me to take care of our back yard and not worry about the neighbors back yard. I think that pretty well holds true here. This all started because Srtiker Racing wanted to pull 300 miles to race with the MMSA group in a new car he had purchased that has never run without a wing before. He knew his motor was a tick out of bounds and asked for permission to race. Well we wont be racing this week but if we were he would have my blessings to do so. MMSA is run by a benevolent Dictator by the name of Bill May. I can remember several years ago at Shady Hollow raceway in Kentucky. A loan guy in a sidewinder not knowing there was a difference showed up to race, Bill asked each of the racers would it be ok for them to race with us and I guess he got an up vote because that thing raced with us.

I for one say let Striker come on down we would love to race with him. Will I be the only one?

As for MAL they kicked me off their board last winter and I don't think the money is enough to entice me out there, SOO maybe they should spend more time on their post board and build it up and stay the hell out of ours.:7 GOOD NIGHT

Honest Dad himself
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #108 7/12/13 1:56 AM
Originally Posted by DAD:

I for one say let Striker come on down we would love to race with him. Will I be the only one?

Honest Dad himself
I don't have a dog in this here hunt but as for my series there are provisions just for this...add 50 lbs and a run a SP-3 or no weight and use a SP-4.... Sp-2 duro.'s @ 40-43...sp-3 @ 49-52 and a sp-4 durometer's 60-64....BIG difference in compound

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

mini27 (Offline)
  #109 7/12/13 2:06 AM
still waiting on some one to tell me how your going to check internal engine parts at the track as part of tech. so you pull the pan, see my rods are aftermarket, how do you know if there light weight after market or the stronger rods? how are you going to check for aftermarket pistons if there stock dome, just lighter?

stock bore stock stroke and ports of the head is all you can check. stock bore stock stroke rule and go race.
fish (Offline)
  #110 7/12/13 3:42 AM
Originally Posted by SPIKER RACING PRODUCTS:
This post was just about me asking MMSA drivers about letting me race with them. Its taken a crazy turn and has brought up some good questions. Also the entertainment is pretty good too. Thanks this got me though work today!!!
Perhaps giving someone a call might have been a better route.

Incite your heart to see beyond the view.
2 Likes: buckshot3448, DAD