IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
8/8/08, 2:33 PM   #91
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer9bro View Post
You are right I have never met or worked with Mr. Stabb
Thanks, that's all we really needed to know.
David.
nice to meet you.....and your name? :O:

8/8/08, 2:51 PM   #92
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
I think if I was a cop and heard both sides of the complaint I would have told USAC to give the people there money back since you had charged them for a show you were not going to put on.
then the people who wanted to stay for the Speedways show could have repaid the track and went in and watched that show.
Joe,

The track collects the money not USAC. The track in turns pays USAC a sanctioning fee but at no time does USAC collect the money the fans pay for admission.

In your scenario, they would have had to clear the grandstands giving everyone their money back and then start over. I left at 8:15 PM and they were just starting the first hot lap session. What time do you think they would have gotten started with your plan in place?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/8/08, 2:57 PM   #93
KOP

Been sitting here with my popcorn and coke watching this movie run its course. One thing keeps coming to mind after reading all of this...........

The "diehard fans" will keep going to the tracks and watch some great high speed wheel to wheel action even after such senarios as to what happened at UC Speedway. The "casual fan" that takes in a race every so often will be more apt to think twice about going to the races or they may choose another course of entertainment for the evening next time. It is those fans I am most concerned about. We need those casual fans to keep the sport going as they add to the overall attendence. Even the days of the "Back Gate Nationals" will surely come to an end if there aren't enough fans to spend $$$$ at the track.
Regardless of which way the fingers are pointing, the principals in control just need to make sure they don't potentialy run off the fans we are all trying to put into the grandstands......PERIOD!

As some have stated, I don't blame any driver that didn't race if they really felt a hazordous situation was present. As for the drivers that did put on a show for the fans that attended.................:applaud:

8/8/08, 3:03 PM   #94
Racer9bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
David.
You are welcome

Don Johnson ( Formerly of Miami Vice Fame) :moon:

8/8/08, 3:06 PM   #95
Seadog

Quote:
David.
David - a clue as to how well this guy knows Greg is that he can't even spell Greg's last name correctly.

I met Greg over 35 years ago and he stuck me right away a one of the most decent :respect:guys I ever met.

8/8/08, 3:08 PM   #96
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
David - a clue as to how well this guy knows Greg is that he can't even spell Greg's last name correctly.

I met Greg over 35 years ago and he stuck me right away a one of the most decent :respect:guys I ever met.
Much truthness oh wise one!
Speaking of Miami Vice, remember the one with Danny Sullivan? CLASSIC! :O:
David.

8/8/08, 3:17 PM   #97
KOP

Quote:
David.
My name is Jose Jimenez :wink

8/8/08, 3:19 PM   #98
randyrad

Tough to make excuses for USAC. Change is seldom smooth or easy. The boss stepped up, publicy took responsibility, & said changes have already been made to prevent a reoccurrence. Let's see what follows.

It's a lousy deal to lose a race. I doubt the decision was taken lightly. I'm sure the negative PR was anticipated. Sometimes you gotta do what you think is right, despite the aftershocks you know will follow.

Reading the message boards, I wonder if Indiana racefans always appreciate how fortunate you are to have the options you have. That doesn't mean you deserve to be treated badly or taken for granted - but you're still surrounded by the best racing in the USA (imho).

It's hard to imagine a better way to spend a Fri eve than USAC national midgets at Bloomington, especially if joined by local Sprints. I'd even take that over Knoxville, & you've got 2 more events to follow. Think of last night as a rainout & enjoy the other 4 races, all at tracks that just successfully hosted ISW events.
Wish I could be there to join you.
RandyR (midwesterner exiled in MD)

8/8/08, 3:25 PM   #99
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOP View Post
My name is Jose Jimenez :wink
Hey "Jose"....you need to get your boney ass up here, we've been grillin' out ALL summer!
Miss ya. :respect:
David.

8/8/08, 3:26 PM   #100
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrad View Post
Tough to make excuses for USAC. Change is seldom smooth or easy. The boss stepped up, publicy took responsibility, & said changes have already been made to prevent a reoccurrence. Let's see what follows.

It's a lousy deal to lose a race. I doubt the decision was taken lightly. I'm sure the negative PR was anticipated. Sometimes you gotta do what you think is right, despite the aftershocks you know will follow.

Reading the message boards, I wonder if Indiana racefans always appreciate how fortunate you are to have the options you have. That doesn't mean you deserve to be treated badly or taken for granted - but you're still surrounded by the best racing in the USA (imho).

It's hard to imagine a better way to spend a Fri eve than USAC national midgets at Bloomington, especially if joined by local Sprints. I'd even take that over Knoxville, & you've got 2 more events to follow. Think of last night as a rainout & enjoy the other 4 races, all at tracks that just successfully hosted ISW events.
Wish I could be there to join you.
RandyR (midwesterner exiled in MD)
You just might have a point there.
David. (Hoosier exiled in MN)

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UNION COUNTY - Midget Week