IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #91 3/24/22 8:14 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
And it will come out or be swept away with or without your rumor mongering Matt. I can cash any check I write unfortunately when you hide behind rumors without a single thing to back it up YOU are the one writing checks you cant cash. Go ahead and back it up I am waiting. At least I have the stones to put my name on my posts.
Not hiding behind a thing. Some know me and some don't. We've shared beers at small bar during the Gold Crown and watched the Cards when we rained out that night. If you've forgotten my handsome face, well that's not really my fault. I'm guessing you needed a Snickers today or the weather affected the mood. Either way I don't take it personal. I've thicker skin than that. I get the frustration of not knowing the teams and all, but that's not my info to post. USAC can do that.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #92 3/24/22 8:19 PM
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote:
UOTE=TQ29m;550139]
I don't have a dog in the fight. I am not a driver, mechanic or car owner, just a fan who wants to see good racing without controversy.

It would seem to me that all this controversy about doping as well as mandatory tire brands specified by tracks or sanctioning bodies could be done away with.....
....by an open tire rule?

Ed, you have a good point. Don't get me wrong, sir. I just think that sometimes too many rules spoils the fun and clouds the air.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
4 Likes: bighd0522, Midget98, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #93 3/24/22 8:26 PM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
I have a question. Is it fair to say USAC is a source? They have stated four teams failed the test but they failed to name them. Therefore giving more room for conjecture and speculation. This entire verbal battle about who heard what from whom could have ended if Usac stated who they were and what the penalty is. They then could have said there is an appeals process in which all four teams have entered. Stating that they all failed together the same way and we are going to look into this further before following normal procedure for such infraction, also leaves room for conjecture and speculation.
After reading all of these posts it appears most if not all have spoken to someone and have an idea about who did what. Getting upset at people for discussing their knowledge with refrain from stating sources but not calling out the sanction body for basically the same thing is detrimental to your point. Hopefully a solid decision is made before next Saturday. I know I’d be apprehensive about running the show if I had no faith that Usac was keeping things on a level field.
Excellent points. Don't always see eye to eye with your point of view, but you are spot on here.
Twister17 (Offline)
  #94 3/24/22 10:17 PM
So thankful for race fans. Without you many in the industry would it have a livelihood. To the question, who has been accused? Well Usac takes samples from the top 3 every night. So there’s 9 samples from Bubba **** park. Now if we break that down, how many of those 9 samples ran in the top 3 every night. Wow, now we are boiling it down. Now that we have answered that question let’s move on. The 4 questionable samples are the same via lab results. So either the teams are all using the same doper, or perhaps there’s an issue with tires or testing. All suspect right.
Let’s break it down further. If doping is brushed under the rug, how does it effect the tour? If penalties are levied how does it effect the tour? The only other series to my knowledge that uses the “medium” is ascs, they just had their first event of 2022, will their be issues? Hmmmmm
Just ask the players in question to take a polygraph. 80% of the time it works every time.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #95 3/24/22 10:49 PM

Charles Nungester
captrat (Offline)
  #96 3/24/22 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
Remember this post the next time you complain about somebody else introducing ******** into this forum. I know I will.
I am fully aware of your concern, too bad you didn't respond in kind to the earlier political posts. Seems like selective criticism.
captrat (Offline)
  #97 3/24/22 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
I thought you said in a previous thread you were DONE. If you want to have political conversation/accusation or make just make dumb statements, freedom of speech allows you to do that. Please just do it on other forums. Thank you for understanding.
Will you also apply this to the the posts about Hunter *****?
on_the_edge (Offline)
  #98 3/25/22 5:47 AM
Originally Posted by Twister17:
So thankful for race fans. Without you many in the industry would it have a livelihood. To the question, who has been accused? Well Usac takes samples from the top 3 every night. So there’s 9 samples from Bubba **** park. Now if we break that down, how many of those 9 samples ran in the top 3 every night. Wow, now we are boiling it down. Now that we have answered that question let’s move on. The 4 questionable samples are the same via lab results. So either the teams are all using the same doper, or perhaps there’s an issue with tires or testing. All suspect right.
Let’s break it down further. If doping is brushed under the rug, how does it effect the tour? If penalties are levied how does it effect the tour? The only other series to my knowledge that uses the “medium” is ascs, they just had their first event of 2022, will their be issues? Hmmmmm
Just ask the players in question to take a polygraph. 80% of the time it works every time.
To clarify Im under the impression that samples were not taken on Thursday because the track took rubber and there was not enough tire left from anyone's car to produce a sample. So 6 samples were collected from Friday and Saturday events.

"It's the fastest who get paid, and the fastest who get laid".
Midget98 (Offline)
  #99 3/25/22 9:11 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
....by an open tire rule?

Ed, you have a good point. Don't get me wrong, sir. I just think that sometimes too many rules spoils the fun and clouds the air.
An open tire rule would stop all of this garbage. Let the teams run whatever they want and put a stop to the Hoosier bribe money that has done nothing substantial to improve the purse or point funds. It's not like these tire rules are saving the racers any money. Hoosier doesn't have some magic bank account full of money that they write checks to the sanctioning bodies and tracks from. This is kickback money from the dollars racers spend on their product. Get some open competition back in the marketplace and stop the monopoly that Hoosier has become. If their product is better than their competitor's, they will have nothing to worry about. Also, if there is a supposed tire shortage as they are saying, then another tire provider should help alleviate the problem.
12 Likes: babcock14d, bighd0522, dkdorkboy, erich45, Grocery Guy, hbmundy, KSchudi, spicoli, superstock30, sw1911, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
TQ29m (Offline)
  #100 3/25/22 9:19 AM
Originally Posted by Midget98:
An open tire rule would stop all of this garbage. Let the teams run whatever they want and put a stop to the Hoosier bribe money that has done nothing substantial to improve the purse or point funds. It's not like these tire rules are saving the racers any money. Hoosier doesn't have some magic bank account full of money that they write checks to the sanctioning bodies and tracks from. This is kickback money from the dollars racers spend on their product. Get some open competition back in the marketplace and stop the monopoly that Hoosier has become. If their product is better than their competitor's, they will have nothing to worry about. Also, if there is a supposed tire shortage as they are saying, then another tire provider should help alleviate the problem.
I couldn't agree more, let AR back in the game, not sure how many people will return, but it will be a good time to start, shouldn't have been allowed to begin with.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: Grocery Guy, rick42, sw1911, The Old Coyote