IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #91 7/10/22 1:32 AM
Got home from Atomic at twelve thirty. Hope I don't wake up a wing fan. Dallas Hewitt butt kicking win down there.
Watched the two features from USAC, awesome. All races should be at Hussets

Left after feature at atomic for sprints, But the D2 midgets may just be the best kept secret out there.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: jjones752, WBR 3E
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #92 7/10/22 11:39 PM
Ya almost have to believe that something broke on Buddy. Very little reason to run that hard on lap 9 of 100
ginblueearth (Offline)
  #93 7/11/22 1:45 PM
I was just wonder if the people that attended the USAC Nationals at Husets from out east . Paid attention when you went by Jackson Mn on I 90 . Did you look to the south or stop and check out Jackson Motor Plex . If you thought Husets was nice Jackson is nicer in every way . Seating is better parking is better camping is better and IMO the track is better it is one of the best facilities in the country
dsc1600 (Online)
  #94 7/11/22 1:57 PM
Sucks that this event continues to suffer attendance wise, and also sucks the slide or die nonsense made the midget feature a debacle.

But the non-winged sprints were excellent all weekend. I wish there was a Husets type facility in Indiana.
2 Likes: PIT CART, spicoli
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #95 7/11/22 3:16 PM
Midgets are just so damn competitive these days that if you lift, you're not gonna lose a position, you're gonna lose 5 positions. It's so competitive, that, dare I say, the Steve Lewis 9 cars would be "just another ride" if they existed today. These aren't your grandpa's midgets! Heck, they ain't your older brother's midgets!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #96 7/11/22 3:26 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
Midgets are just so damn competitive these days that if you lift, you're not gonna lose a position, you're gonna lose 5 positions. It's so competitive, that, dare I say, the Steve Lewis 9 cars would be "just another ride" if they existed today. These aren't your grandpa's midgets! Heck, they ain't your older brother's midgets!
I turned it off after bacon got spun,, If they advertised it as a high speed demo derby they'd of sold the place out.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Steve Wendel, TQ29m
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #97 7/11/22 3:33 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I turned it off after bacon got spun,, If they advertised it as a high speed demo derby they'd of sold the place out.
Oh, I feel you, believe me. I'm not defending some of the driving that takes place, but it's not changing any time soon. Remember- USAC is the only FIA-sanctioned motorsport that does NOT have an "avoidable contact" penalty of some sort. And honestly, I've thought this through multiple times, and I don't want us to go down that path.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #98 7/11/22 3:38 PM
Maybe they need to show the replay of Daison Pursley's crash at every drivers' meeting to remind everyone how serious this sport is.
2 Likes: Bobv, Charles Nungester