IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Beer Goggles (Offline)
  #31 4/21/09 7:09 PM
I subscribed to NSSN for over 30 years, but dropped the sub due to sporadic delivery at best. It was a weekly crap- shoot on what day it would arrive, or not arrive at all !
Last year I started to read their website, then decided to subscribe 'on-line only' for two years. Now I read it at my leisure anytime after Wed. P.M. Works for me.
Really only missed Chris's column and a few others such as Argabright. Don't pay much attention to Race Ads, Sorry Tony.
PARKS (Offline)
  #32 4/21/09 7:59 PM
Usually Thursday but sometimes Friday. Madison, WI
ColoradoFan (Offline)
  #33 4/21/09 8:18 PM
Mine is all over the place here in Colorado. Most of the time it is Thursday or Friday. Last week's came yesterday and about a month ago I got 2 on the same day, Thursday, but one was a week old.

Vern Plotts
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #34 4/21/09 8:30 PM
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles:
I subscribed to NSSN for over 30 years, but dropped the sub due to sporadic delivery at best. It was a weekly crap- shoot on what day it would arrive, or not arrive at all !
Last year I started to read their website, then decided to subscribe 'on-line only' for two years. Now I read it at my leisure anytime after Wed. P.M. Works for me.
Really only missed Chris's column and a few others such as Argabright. Don't pay much attention to Race Ads, Sorry Tony.
Got to agree..I subscribed for over 30 years, but let my subscription expire. I went to the website, saw a two year online subscription for $25 and signed up immediately. The paper is updated late Tuesday, early Wednesday, you can read it at your leisure, older editions are archived, and you don't have to depend on mail delivery to get it....

And I check the web for track information/schedules/rainout status, which I've found to be much more reliable than anything else....
sprntr (Offline)
  #35 4/21/09 8:37 PM
Rarely Fridays, sometime Saturdays, often Mondays. Whenever my Postal Person gets off her dead butt!
Fredmer (Offline)
  #36 4/21/09 9:11 PM
Normally on Thursday or Friday.
But the last few weeks it has been Saturday or Monday.
Holiday weekends always seem to be Monday or Tuesday.
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #37 4/21/09 9:49 PM
90% of the time it's Thursday. Rest of the time it's Friday.

Of course, often I just have my carrier hand it to me.

I wish that my employer would pay as much attention to the delivery problems as they do less urgent matters. After all, service is all we have to sell. :headbang

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #38 4/21/09 9:59 PM
Use to mainly get it on Sat. but lately it has been Monday but has been Tuesday the last two weeks. Tom
3Cfan (Offline)
  #39 4/22/09 4:57 PM
Receiving the subscription as a gift, I usually get it on Thursday.

If its Friday, its because the postmans favorite drivers won! LOL
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #40 4/24/09 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
Usually Thursday or Friday, but it's not unheard of for it to not get here until early the next week.

What day do they ship it out?
After filing complaints w/NSSN bout USPS delv.problems for yrs. I started to receive mine on fri/sat....but never consistent!!....always been an issue for me in Austin with USPS!!....I hauled mail 5yrs.,so I got to see how its worked from the inside at GMF,and annex in Austin!!...after it sits at either location,it then sits at yur local station!!....I've at times called for a replacement and got it sooner than the orig.!!...so this has always been a sore subject with me!!....Been rec. it since 12-31-69....can't stop it now!!.......
_________
Brucer'