IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #71 4/9/09 9:58 PM
We just decided to pull the plug and not chance it. :redflag: Looks like fish fry Friday here in Wisconsin will be the plan for tomorrow. :cheers
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #72 4/10/09 1:28 AM
1:25 am,,, rain hasn't started 10 miles from Eldora yet, but forcast calls for showers all day Friday,,weather map looks like it should be starting anytime,,,
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #73 4/10/09 1:50 AM
1:30 am steady rain and the temp dropped considerable here in Kokomo.

Jerry #66
wwwjoshspencer.com
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #74 4/10/09 2:08 AM
Thanks Jerry, the map looks like the rain is getting real close. 2:00 am and rain still hasn’t started 10 miles from Eldora.

Everyone please keep an eye on the Eldora website for updates and also the I69-Gas City Speedway websites for updates. I spoke to the folks at I69-Gas City late Thursday afternoon and of course they have the track sealed over so they can stand some moisture. Both places are waiting to see how much and how late it looks like the weather system will last. Both are wanting very much to get the Friday shows in. Saturday forcast looks pretty good, a little cool, as to be expected in this area this early in the season but dry,,

2:05 am,,,back to bed,,still nothing,,
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #75 4/10/09 3:25 AM
up again at 3:25 am and we're now getting a light drizzle..
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #76 4/10/09 4:40 AM
I just woke up to take a look at the weather and it looks like it's raining at Eldora. 4:40am. Back to :sleep:
tjtomthumb (Offline)
  #77 4/10/09 7:23 AM
just woke up again and by looking at the weather map it looks like we would be getting a pretty good rain, but it's still just a light drizzle here at home 10 miles from Eldora. Don't give up yet if the track is only getting what we are here in Fort Recovery, OH.

As of now they probably could still run. Bad thing is the forcast predicts it not to stop until around midnight. Don't look good but still possible.

Watch the tracks sites for updates, as I'm 10 miles away from the track at Eldora. Could be totally different at the track.:eek:
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #78 4/10/09 8:32 AM
http://www.whiotv.com/weather/index.html

Dayton TV station says rain will not end until around midnight.

And tommorrow there is a freeze warning for Darke county on Saturday night.

I hate to be a cheese weenie, but I think I am going to pull the plug on this trip.
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #79 4/10/09 8:44 AM
We have had a steady soaking rain all night, at times it has come down pretty hard but then goes back to a steady rain/drizzle. There is supposed to be a few breaks and then more rain until late tonight according to our weather grid at work. What the heck it is April and we are in Indiana it could be worse. Temp. did drop most of the night but has held at cold for a couple hours now.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
D.O. (Offline)
  #80 4/10/09 9:54 AM
Friday is cancelled