IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Biro 22 (Offline)
  #21 4/6/09 10:52 AM
I'm surprized nobody mentioned the Dq's. I saw John Memmer out on the track for the B main and he wasn't doing anything different than most of the other drivers and they Dq'd him from the race. If they thought he was running too fast under the yellow, why not put him to the back?

Missing the scales definately affected a few drivers also.

curt
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #22 4/6/09 11:29 AM
5-6 cars in each super stock in heat race...taking soooo long to get lined up..once a car spun then got restarted they would line the cars up...why didnt they do it when they were tryin to restart the spun car ...i think we needed more people to attend a car that spun....i counted 14 people at 1 car ....
twincitiespr (Offline)
  #23 4/6/09 12:37 PM
THANKS DON SHORT FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND TO ALL THE RACER AND FANS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND. THE TRACK WAS DRY AND SLICK WE DID OUR BEST TO KEEP IT COMING APART. WE DID PRACTICE WENSDAY AND THE RACE TRACK WAS COMPLETLY CUT ON THUR. SO SAYING THE TRACK WAS NOT TOUCHED IS ALONG WAY FROM THE TRUTH. WE DID EVEN CUT SOME DIRT OFF OF TURN 3 SAT. WE DID GET 2 IN OF RAIN THUR. INTO FRI. MORNING. THE SPRINT DRIVERS DID ASK TO RUN SECOND TO HAVE TIME AFTER MAKE UP FEATURES. AS FAR AS OTHER CLASSES I WILL NOT RUN THAT MANY NEXT YEAR, JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT WE WOULD HAVE A GOOD CAR COUNT. BUT THE FANS DO SUPPORT SPRINTS AND I AM GLAD OF THAT. SO WE WANT TO MAKE THE RACE A EVERY YEAR THING. NEXT YEAR WE WILL RUN LESS CLASSES,MORE CONCESSION FOOD,WETTER TRACK,LESS DUST, AND MORE FUN!!!!!. THANKS TO ALL MASON FLEETWOOD:thumb
wbr (Offline)
  #24 4/6/09 1:35 PM
This was our 1st time visiting Twin Cities and we had a very enjoyable time. I agree the track prep could have possibly been better, but thats not up to me anyway. Getting to see 2 sprint features was great, Bland from the rear for the win was exciting to witness. The sprint $3000 feature was a good one and seeing Clauson and Mezzerall battling for the win on the last lap going into turn 3 was priceless. Darland from 18th to 2nd and Slammin' Scotty Hampton in 5th was awesome too! Congrats to Faas for the win.

Thanks to Don Short for sponsoring the big money show and thank you Twin Cities for a night of sprint car racing when there wasn't any happening anywhere else in Indiana. I truly felt like the people working/running the place have a passion for racing not just the money. Please keep the passion and the money will come anyway.
dshort36 (Offline)
  #25 4/6/09 2:13 PM
i know some of you r complaining about track conditions but i for one would much rather have the track the way it was as to muddy sloppy conditions where there is no passing in heats because of one lane racing.... ther was passing all night both low and high...there was a little dust but the racing was visible all night... in our opinion kudos to the track prep... :checkered: usually the wetter the track at north vernon the rougher it is...:Steer
sprintgal (Offline)
  #26 4/6/09 3:04 PM
Originally Posted by Biro 22:
I'm surprized nobody mentioned the Dq's. I saw John Memmer out on the track for the B main and he wasn't doing anything different than most of the other drivers and they Dq'd him from the race. If they thought he was running too fast under the yellow, why not put him to the back?

curt
I agree with you Curt. Thought it was ridiculous to dq him when everyone else on the track, at some point, was gassing it up under the yellow! They should've just put him at the back of the field and went on w/the the race.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #27 4/6/09 4:51 PM
Originally Posted by Biro 22:

curt

I have seen hundreds of sprint car races in my lifetime and have never seen anybody DQ'd for hot lapping as noted in the Quoted post. I have seen many a driver warned with the red and chastized by officials, but never anybody disqualified. I was not there, but Memmer must have been out of control and totally disregarding any actions of track officials for this to happen.
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #28 4/6/09 4:53 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
I have seen hundreds of sprint car races in my lifetime and have never seen anybody DQ'd for hot lapping as noted in the Quoted post. I have seen many a driver warned with the red and chastized by officials, but never anybody disqualified. I was not there, but Memmer must have been out of control and totally disregarding any actions of track officials for this to happen.
just depended who you was i guess
awnunn (Offline)
  #29 4/6/09 6:10 PM
I did see alot of guys gassing it up also, not sure what car it was but there was one car that shot past the pace truck after all the cars had been pushed off. If that was him then i can understand the DQ. Like I said, I dont know alot of the drivers and what car they drive so it might not even have been him.
1021gpa (Offline)
  #30 4/6/09 6:21 PM
[QUOTE=twincitiespr;95464]THANKS DON SHORT FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND TO ALL THE RACER AND FANS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND. THE TRACK WAS DRY AND SLICK WE DID OUR BEST TO KEEP IT COMING APART. WE DID PRACTICE WENSDAY AND THE RACE TRACK WAS COMPLETLY CUT ON THUR. SO SAYING THE TRACK WAS NOT TOUCHED IS ALONG WAY FROM THE TRUTH. WE DID EVEN CUT SOME DIRT OFF OF TURN 3 SAT. WE DID GET 2 IN OF RAIN THUR. INTO FRI. MORNING. THE SPRINT DRIVERS DID ASK TO RUN SECOND TO HAVE TIME AFTER MAKE UP FEATURES. AS FAR AS OTHER CLASSES I WILL NOT RUN THAT MANY NEXT YEAR, JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT WE WOULD HAVE A GOOD CAR COUNT. BUT THE FANS DO SUPPORT SPRINTS AND I AM GLAD OF THAT. SO WE WANT TO MAKE THE RACE A EVERY YEAR THING. NEXT YEAR WE WILL RUN LESS CLASSES,MORE CONCESSION FOOD,WETTER TRACK,LESS DUST, AND MORE FUN!!!!!. THANKS TO ALL MASON FLEETWOOD:thumb[/QUO
i thought saturday was a hell of a show... one of the best races i have seen in awhile...my only *****(as i stated in another post) is they need to get another announcer he knows nothing about sprint cars or their drivers...barley knows they guys who run there every week...maybe chris nunn can fill in next time they are not running at brownstown...great job mason and crew and see you saturday with the hornet...