IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing
2/14/09, 11:22 AM   #81
Re: The Future of Midget Racing
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
Hmm....was thinking about it.

New engine concept. Production block with racing head. 3-3.5L 6 Cylinder engines. That would allow engines developed from
-Toyota Group
-General Motors Group
-Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche Group
-Ford Group
-PSA Peugeot Citroen Group
-Renault/Nissan Group
-Fiat Group
-Hyundai/Kia Group
-Suzuki
-Chrysler/Dodge Group
-Daimler-Benz
-BMW
-Mitsubishi
-Subaru
In an 850 lb. racecar, just about any stock production 4-cyl. engine is going to produce enough of a power to weight ratio to put on a heck of a show for the fans. And I'm guessing that on the shorter tracks, the difference in speed between these combos and the current Fontana/Esslinger, etc. combos would be almost imperceptable to the naked eye.

2/14/09, 12:43 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire guy View Post
dm 10 you bad mouth purple but how many races have you won on purple tires or drivers won for you?
Oh god, it's another USAC employee challenging He Who Shall Not Be Named's wits!

2/14/09, 12:49 PM   #83
DonMoore10

Both off topic again and again and again. Maybe take a lesson from Illinoise who knows how to post on the topic and has something intelligent to present to the readers of IOW.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 2/14/09 at 12:53 PM.

2/14/09, 12:58 PM   #84
DonMoore10

From IOW Forum rules:

15. Keep your posts on topic, that is to make sure new posts are posted in the right forum, and replies are about the same topic as the main topic of the thread.

2/14/09, 1:34 PM   #85
SUPERDUKE
Banned

REALLY THERES NO FUTURE IN OWNING A MIDGET!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh::headbang:angry-smiley-007:

2/14/09, 2:13 PM   #86
DonMoore10

If push comes to shove with cars counts this season, the United States Auto Club, POWRi may want to reconsider where they are headed. It Sounds like BMARA is going to make some changes. We will see. Apparently they have made some changes in the purse structure. The midget community needs to get past the "that's the way it's always been done" mindset. Once that happens, some progress can be made. Otherwise, make way for some fancy lawn ornaments.

2/14/09, 3:20 PM   #87
Kirk Spridgeon

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with you on this thread, Don. Obviously you have more time to post on here while I'm at a midget race in Texas.

BTW, Brady Bacon won with a XXX Chassis and a Hawk engine, I believe. And George White finished fourth, ahead of JJ Yeley in the Cruz Pedregon Toyota, with some sort of home-crafted engine.

When is the last time USAC had more than 5 (Buckeye Nationals plus Four Crown) dirt midget races in the state of Ohio? Four of those were lost in one fell swoop...and of course that was USAC's fault according to you. Quite frankly, I don't see midget racing in Ohio picking up anytime soon on USAC's watch - it's up to you Don!! Be our hero!! Put your money where your mouth is and be the man!! The rest of us are too busy enjoying the races...

2/14/09, 4:26 PM   #88
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
When is the last time USAC had more than 5 (Buckeye Nationals plus Four Crown) dirt midget races in the state of Ohio? Four of those were lost in one fell swoop...and of course that was USAC's fault according to you. Be our hero!! Put your money where your mouth is and be the man!! The rest of us are too busy enjoying the races...
Naw... Not according to me. According to one of the promoters who got disgusted with your 16th friends. I had nothing to do with it. You heard all the points in person, live. I'm just reporting the facts and you're having a hard time accepting them.

Buy a midget and a couple of those expensive purple tires, Spridge, and you'll be agreeing with me in no time. Whole other world on the other side of the fence.

2/14/09, 9:36 PM   #89
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter311 View Post
in 2006 when ford made a joint effort with esslinger they offered pavement and dirt motors at a "reduced cost" at nearly $30k....and that is without some major bells and whistles. Keep in mind the 30k motor was in 2006 and since then ford has drastically cut its support, meaning motors have gone back up since we weren't able to "share" technologies with Ford. Most decent USED esslingers with less than 5 nights are currently going anywhere from 20k to 30k. Sorry don't have any receipts but Esslinger has been making 40k motors for some time, so has ed pink. If you dont believe it give 'em a call...just tell them you need a motor to beat kkr or tsr. Do some research next time before going over board with the question and exclamation marks. :O:
Well I got an esslinger last year with the bells and whistles and paid under 30K.

Sorry shooter but your gonna have to show me proof.

2/14/09, 9:39 PM   #90
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Thanks, Jason. Have to be thick skinned on here. Yes, the Ozark group has also made some efforts to present cost cutting midget racing.

We can now add another off topic anonymous poster in CARRYTHELEFTFRONT who enjoys bashing people. He now joins anonymous Ossuks (a big box race official, the one that drives the golf cart in and out of the infield, so I'm told) anonymous Heromaker, anonymous 5761 (sounds like a flight number) who can't write two sentences without bashing me.

These anonymous guys all have the same off topic anonymous song and dance. Apparently they were never taught how to write a credible, intelligent argument and take responsiblity for their thoughts by signing their name. Debate team dropouts. The combination of all of you have now written over a hundred posts on here trying to discredit me. It's getting old anonymous guys. Move on.

How stupid are these anonymous guys? Hey, if you don't like my posts, don't read them. Apparently you have no argument... you never post one. Don't read my posts, anonymous guys!!! REAL SIMPLE!!!!

Don I would love to come talk to you at the track but I am really afraid I would be sucked into being associated with you.

And before you try including me with the others you say..... How many races did you win last year????????

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing