IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing
2/12/09, 5:37 PM   #41
Re: The Future of Midget Racing
DonMoore10

Someday you're gonna write a post without mentioning my name... I just know it will happen.....

2/12/09, 5:48 PM   #42
Heromaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
This is about the 34th time you've gone off topic on IOW and posted comments about my race team.
Glad you are counting. Maybe sometime (probably not) you will listen and understand you are pissing in the wind!!!!!!!!

2/12/09, 5:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Someday you're gonna write a post without mentioning my name... I just know it will happen.....
How am I going to do that? Everyday you're on here chanting "USAC SUCKS, POWRI SUCKS, USAC SUCKS, SOMEONE BUY ME PIT PASSES, USAC BUY MY PIT PASSES, POWRI SUCKS, MIDGET RACING IS TOO EXPENSIVE, FANS SHOULD BUY MY PIT PASSES"

It's hard to avoid you, Don. Believe me, if I could, I would.

2/12/09, 5:50 PM   #44
Heromaker

And since when does Esslinger make a 40K motor??????? Show me proof!!!!!!

2/12/09, 6:12 PM   #45
Shooter311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heromaker View Post
And since when does Esslinger make a 40K motor??????? Show me proof!!!!!!
in 2006 when ford made a joint effort with esslinger they offered pavement and dirt motors at a "reduced cost" at nearly $30k....and that is without some major bells and whistles. Keep in mind the 30k motor was in 2006 and since then ford has drastically cut its support, meaning motors have gone back up since we weren't able to "share" technologies with Ford. Most decent USED esslingers with less than 5 nights are currently going anywhere from 20k to 30k. Sorry don't have any receipts but Esslinger has been making 40k motors for some time, so has ed pink. If you dont believe it give 'em a call...just tell them you need a motor to beat kkr or tsr. Do some research next time before going over board with the question and exclamation marks. :O:

2/12/09, 6:26 PM   #46
PARKS

Don,
Things are changing up here in my back yard. It isn't going to happen over night and you shouldn't expect it to. The fact that we don't post the progress we are making on this forum in real time for your approval is unfortunate. Actually more people might consider posting changes that are contemplated, changes that are in the works and changes actually made if they knew it wouldn't turn into a D.M. pi??ing match.
Instead of giving up on Badger and continually hinting at our eventual demise, try to keep your eyes and more importantly your mind open, I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we will get to it.
When we get some of the issues resolved we'll let everyone know where we believe the path will lead us but not until then.
Bob

2/12/09, 6:39 PM   #47
PARKS

Don
I must be getting old I forgot to address 2 additional points.
1. I've been at this since 1977, of course I'm nuts. It was inevitable.
2. I forgot, but I think it had something to do with your race team.

2/12/09, 8:10 PM   #48
DonMoore10

Bob,

Your own people in your backyard have been posting the BMARA saga for some time now on IOW and MM. What I've stated on here is old news. So you need to start with them with a slap on the wrist. I have something novel and unique for all you people that are obsessed with me. Take a deep, deep breath and try posting on IOW without mentioning my name, race team or reference!! Should be interesting reading. And Bob you may want to reconsider going after car owners like myself on a public message board. Without our support you have no races. I'm just one voice of about that many who are willing to share thoughts from a car owners standpoint on here. I was already chased away once at Sun Prairie by a now deceased car owner who almost chopped my head off for "taking his spot" in the infield. I've only been back once or twice since then. Your terrific fans look forward to my car and others with top shoes that show up occasionally to entertain the crowd. I'll look forward to the new rules.

2/12/09, 9:55 PM   #49
PARKS

Unnamed Indiana Car owner,(Don), sorry, I just had to.
Please feel free to bring the midget up to Sun Prairie this summer, we have a new payoff schedule, more to win & more to start. The tire rule right now isn't much different than any other group. And best of all there's plenty of room in the infield to park. But you better hurry I don't expect there to be open spaces for long.
Bob

2/12/09, 10:10 PM   #50
Jonr

I think that there is deffinitely a problem with the cost in midgets. However, no one really wants to admit to the answers. Everyone likes to run the USAC, Powri, midget week shows. Even if they can not really afford to.

If you look at late models, sprint cars and even modifieds. There is an "open" division and a "limited" division. The WOO have survived with more or less open rules. However, there are a lot of 360 and a lot of 305 series. The same with Late models and modifieds.

Would competitors support a midget class with a spec engine, spec tires and a weight rule? Would competiors support building a car that they know that they could compete with the national series. I know that I have supported many a 360 and 305 sprnt shows knowing that a 410 car could be second faster. But the limited classes have more cars, more passing and a lot of times better racing.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Future of Midget Racing