IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best of Times readers
1/30/09, 6:38 PM   #1
Best of Times readers
Dave Argabright

If anyone is interested, I'll have some Jimmy Wilson t-shirts tomorrow at the Indy Circle Track Expo trade show.

Unfortunately Jimmy won't be there, he's out of town.

I'll be at John Mahoney's booth, located in the main building. Just turn left at the entrance and we're about five booths down.

I'll also have a few books: American Scene, EARL!, Let 'Em All Go, Lone Wolf, and Brick by Brick.

Thanks, see you tomorrow!

1/31/09, 12:29 AM   #2
Re: Best of Times readers
Jack Dupp

Quote:
Unfortunately Jimmy won't be there, he's out of town.
Dang! I wanted my T-shirt autographed.

1/31/09, 12:32 AM   #3
thebus79h

I'm sure it's been asked before Dave, but any shot that this series will be put into a book and released? I missed a couple years worth of SC&M, and missed a ton. I'd love to see it put into a book.

1/31/09, 7:17 AM   #4
Dave Argabright

It's possible we might put the story in a book form, but I haven't yet figured out if the demand would justify the effort. My concern would be that since people read all or parts of the story in the magazine, they might not be interested in buying the book. I have considered creating a whole new set of stories exclusively in book form, but I've been so busy with other projects I haven't been able to pursue the idea further.

Thanks for reading, though. I enjoy writing the series, and as long as readers are interested we'll keep it up.

1/31/09, 11:03 PM   #5
TQ97

Dave,

Please keep the story going...Best of Times and your other articles (the Chuck Amati story especially) is the main highlight of the magazine in my eyes.
Last edited by TQ97; 1/31/09 at 11:10 PM.

2/1/09, 2:00 PM   #6
Dave Argabright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
Dave,

Please keep the story going...Best of Times and your other articles (the Chuck Amati story especially) is the main highlight of the magazine in my eyes.
Thanks, TQ97. Like I said, as long as people are interested in reading, I hope to keep the story up. I enjoy doing it because it's so different from anything else I do.

2/1/09, 3:55 PM   #7
clayton92fan

Hey Dave, How about a pic of Shelby???L.O.L.

2/1/09, 3:59 PM   #8
sdcheek

The best of times is the first thing I read when the mailman brings my Sprint Car and Midget Magazine. The era that its set in is when I was attending sprint car races three times a week.

2/1/09, 4:48 PM   #9
Eric C

I picked my shirt yesterday at the Expo and will be going to Raintree Valley to see if Jimmy will autograph it for me, I figure that will be my best chance since Jimmy is not racing that night but helping Everett in his first race.

Eric Cottongim

2/1/09, 6:56 PM   #10
turn1fan

Thanks Dave, Best of Times is the very first section of the mag I read when it is delivered. Next up is KO.....keep up the good work!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best of Times readers