IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #11 1/21/09 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by dick monahan:
just out of curiosity, where will they get the sprint cars? Twin cities wants to run them on six saturday nights, but lawrenceburg, paragon, and putnamville are already running them every saturday night. What would make a guy who usually runs one of those tracks decide to go to n.vernon for six nights? Especially when lawrencebury is right down the road.
looks like all sunday nights to me
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 1/21/09 4:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan:
Just out of curiosity, where will they get the sprint cars? Twin Cities wants to run them on six Saturday nights, but Lawrenceburg, Paragon, and Putnamville are already running them every Saturday night. What would make a guy who usually runs one of those tracks decide to go to N.Vernon for six nights? Especially when Lawrencebury is right down the road.
Most of these are when LBurg is holding non sprint shows. Lucas LMs. WOO LMS.

While I apreciate sprint shows on non local sprint nights. Id much rather see them work with LBURG and some other tracks to setup some higher paying weekends that don't involve a lot of travel. I like the track if it holds together. They worked very hard last year to put on some races when most other tracks couldn't.

Chuck

Charles Nungester
Z-man (Offline)
  #13 1/21/09 5:21 PM
It looks like the Burg is not running Sprints on any of the events scheduled at Twin Cities.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 1/21/09 5:52 PM
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS:
THERE ARE SOME TRACKS ALREADY RUNNING THAT EARLY.IM GLAD TO SEE THEM TRYING TO GET STARTED EARLY :thumb
Must be cold riding that bike

Charles Nungester
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #15 1/21/09 6:35 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Must be cold riding that bike
CHUCK,
I HAVE THE BIKE ALREADY OILED UP & READY TO GO. :Steer :Steer
D.O. (Offline)
  #16 1/21/09 7:23 PM
Don't forget Danville, Il. on Saturdays too
:dologob:
TQ97 (Offline)
  #17 1/21/09 9:53 PM
Originally Posted by bigmojo5:
Thanks guys.

Looks like UMRA dropped from five or six races there last year to just one in 2009 -- the only time TQs run there this year.

And, unfortunately, the $3,000-to-win date on April 4 is the same day USAC midgets run in Columbus, Ohio.

Jim Morrison
Definately disappointed that only 1 TQ race is scheduled there this year. Along with Lawrenceburg, Vernon is my favorite track to drive.
dirtbug (Offline)
  #18 1/22/09 11:02 PM
my question d.o. is where and how many sprints will danville get?
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #19 1/23/09 8:27 AM
North Vernon is definitely my favorite track but I'll be the first to say that they need to make some major improvements before someone gets hurt. That thing they call a fence is mediocre at best (Anyone remember a certain USAC driver blasting through it in turn 1?). Also, the craters going into turns 1 and 3 need worked on and fixed. And not with concrete like we saw last summer.

That track has the potential to be the best sprintcar track in the state. I've told my wife repeatedly that if I ever win the lottery or fall into the money I will own that track one day and make it into the place it deserves to be!! :checkered:
Daddyo (Offline)
  #20 1/23/09 8:42 AM
I am in 100% agreement with you on that one Jake. TC has always been my favorite Indiana track for sprintcars. I've never seen a bad sprintcar race there, just some better than others.